When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help my Wrist!

greekgod

While waiting for your custom deployant (if you are going to do it) do what everyone else does who has the clasp pressing on your skin.....just swap the strap sides. Changing the length of the buckle side can help as well but it may not. The other way to go is to pick up an AP bands buckle or gen AP buckle ( but it requires a diver sized width on the strap). You would be surprised how many gen owners have the same issue. There are a disproportionate number of gen owners using the AP bands buckle for that reason. The deployant is not AP's finest hour. I was recently in the boutique in my town and one of the newer ones already had a larger strap buckle combo. I forgot to ask whether that is how the latest are being offered or whether it was just that one piece.

Is it possible that you're wearing it too tight? I like by bracelets and straps loose in general, and haven't had any irritation from the AP deployant which I transferred over to my AP Bands strap. But I wear it loose enough so that the watch wobbles on my wrist. Just tight enough so the watch head can't make a 180 degree revolution around my wrist. :-)

Edited by chieftang

Is it possible that you're wearing it too tight? I like by bracelets and straps loose in general, and haven't had any irritation from the AP deployant which I transferred over to my AP Bands strap. But I wear it loose enough so that the watch wobbles on my wrist. Just tight enough so the watch head can't make a 180 degree revolution around my wrist. :-)

While waiting for your custom deployant (if you are going to do it) do what everyone else does who has the clasp pressing on your skin.....just swap the strap sides. Changing the length of the buckle side can help as well but it may not. The other way to go is to pick up an AP bands buckle or gen AP buckle ( but it requires a diver sized width on the strap). You would be surprised how many gen owners have the same issue. There are a disproportionate number of gen owners using the AP bands buckle for that reason. The deployant is not AP's finest hour. I was recently in the boutique in my town and one of the newer ones already had a larger strap buckle combo. I forgot to ask whether that is how the latest are being offered or whether it was just that one piece.

Chief i think you havea valid point here. I think I was wearing it a little tight and decided to loosen it a bit. But by that time I had already had the rash you can see in the picture and decided to take the watch off.

W thanks again for the info I will change the strap tomorrow and I hope it wont be the case anymore. I am surprised and a $50,000 watch would not factor ultra comfort into account!!

Miocrow do you mean get a gen clasp? or strap? Do you know of a site where I could get it?

Fleet dont worry I just swapped the straps, as advised, today and the problem seems to have gone away! But in the long term I may get the deployment and change the buckle on the deployment with the one on the clasp as shown by fitipaldi..BTW I Love my rep strap now!! I have no option!

Nice to see a happy ending to wrist torture. My Hublot did the same. I filed that butterfly clasp down to a harmless newt and it made a big difference.When metal digs into your flesh, file it down!

Edited by hambone