When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help my Wrist!

greekgod

So guys today was the first time I wore my Safari for longer than 15 mins to work. After approx 5 hrs the irritation due to the clasp started. The below pics will show the area on my left wrist which was affected and the areas of the clasp which I feel are causing it. Especially the edge of the case back seems quite sharp.

I was wondering if this changes with a change of strap? (probably not) ... and so what could be done to improve it. I know some people like the normal buckle, but i really like the feel of the clasp.

Most importantly has anyone every done a mod to smoothened out the sharp edge of the caseback??

IMG_1000001171.jpgIMG_1000001176.jpgIMG_1000001174.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Im not sure but It looks like the clasp might be the main culprit here...maybe a gen tang buckle would do the trick.

Being such a expensive watch as it is..I personally would be to afraid to mess with the caseback.

Hopefully someone else can be more helpful...good luck. :)

Mike

I tested a friend's GEN strap there.

Like you know , the strap is in two pieces, You need one shorter 'one piece' ,

and the 2nd piece longer......

So the clasp will be positioned more centered on the wrist.

Sorry but I not able to explain better.

Wile the reversing system works fine too.

Hi, I had the same problem than you some time ago. I tried everything and finally I decided to buy an aftermarket deployment. Take a look:

post-6192-0-62312000-1321747962.jpg

The deployment is very very comfortable, 1.000.000 better than the rep. Nevertheless. a few time later and not satisfied with the look of the aftermarket deployment, I decided to create a franken deployment combining the rep buckle and the aftermarket one. Here is the result:

post-6192-0-37020800-1321748287.jpg

post-6192-0-84863900-1321748306.jpg

I did the experiment with my Volcano, my Grey Themes and my Montauk Highway. I'm waiting my Chronopassion (unfortunatly with Francisco :() and my just recently bought RB II updated version, to do the same thing. With this franken deployment, the fit and look is perfect in your wrist.

Edited by fitipaldi

Hi, I had the same problem than you some time ago. I tried everything and finally I decided to buy an aftermarket deployment. Take a look:

post-6192-0-62312000-1321747962.jpg

The deployment is very very comfortable, 1.000.000 better than the rep. Nevertheless. a few time later and not satisfied with the look of the aftermarket deployment, I decided to create a franken deployment combining the rep buckle and the aftermarket one. Here is the result:

post-6192-0-37020800-1321748287.jpg

post-6192-0-84863900-1321748306.jpg

I did the experiment with my Volcano, my Grey Themes and my Montauk Highway. I'm waiting my Chronopassion (unfortunatly with Francisco :() and my just recently bought RB II updated version, to do the same thing. With this franken deployment, the fit and look is perfect in your wrist.

Fitipaldi..that looks great!! thanks very much mate for the pics ..I think I can do the same. can you tell me where I could get the deployment? It does feel very comfortable

your welcome!

You can find the deployment in ebay (HERE). They are cheap and very good quality. I have always bought from the same seller and all transactions had been flawless. I think you can ask him for a polish one... mmh I will buy one polished too :)

You will need also a springbar to do the mod. You will need to cut it in two pieces of the same size and put them here:

post-6192-0-11377900-1321758483.jpg

It is very easy to build one of these and I really don't understand how the other AP fans can use the crappy rep buckle and feel it comfortable.

Edited by fitipaldi

999 props to Fitipaldi for posting the mod

one of my AP's clasps won't lock shut anymore so I am using a generic clasp for now

it did cross my mind to try and transplant the AP buckle onto the sterile clasp but i wasn't sure how to do it since the designs are different

p.s.

a brief tutorial would be worth its weight in gold !

Edited by chronoluvvv

999 props to Fitipaldi for posting the mod

one of my AP's clasps won't lock shut anymore so I am using a generic clasp for now

it did cross my mind to try and transplant the AP buckle onto the sterile clasp but i wasn't sure how to do it since the designs are different

p.s.

a brief tutorial would be worth its weight in gold !

So do you mean just transplant the part where it says 'Audemars Piguet' ?

Coz to me it looks like thats exactly what ftipaldi has done... I cud be wrong

Hello, yes I transplanted the rep buckle to the aftermarket deployment. You only need to build 2 tubes (cutting a springbar), like in my last picture posted, and then enjoy your new mega ultra comfortable deployment!

The rep buckle fits perfectly in the alternative deployment. Just go to the link I posted before or find the ebay store of the seller goodcheapman. The deployment must be 18mmm.

Edited by fitipaldi