When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HKTAN Shipping to Australia

greekgod

Guys 2 days ago I called up the authorized service center of AP in Sydney and asked if they had a gen horn back for the Safari. The lady told me that they had every other strap apart from the croc as importing it needs a special license and is highly regulated. Even AP CAN NOT get the Safari horn back strap!!! they can have them imported on the watch as an integral piece but not as a spare part!

My question now is that perhaps my strap from HKTAN is with quarantine being a horn back! Just wondering if any one of you Aussies had had issues in the past receiving HKTAN's crock horn back straps??

Hello W . .sounds about right I spoke to AP singapore and they told me it was Singapore $835 roughly $650 Australian..I wud say 550 is not too bad in that case. still quite an amount. Is there any place to find AP horn back straps apart from ebay (which are not many) at a reasonable price?

Edited by greekgod

Nah I wouldn't worry bout it , it will turn up. Though I did have a mate who had a Pine cone christmas decoration stopped at customers and was charged $60 for it to be disposed

$60 for them to throw it in a furnace? What a jib!

Hello W . .sounds about right I spoke to AP singapore and they told me it was Singapore $835 roughly $650 Australian..I wud say 550 is not too bad in that case. still quite an amount. Is there any place to find AP horn back straps apart from ebay (which are not many) at a reasonable price?

OEM straps are pretty rare at significantly lower prices. Even leather or croc straps in poor condition can fetch $300+. That is why Hktan and Apbands are so popular.

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, the strict quarantine laws mean we are the only country that doesn't have rabies and a bunch of other funky critters... but hey, I want a hornback for my Montauk ... I really wonder how our customs could ascertain whether something was leather or .... well..... leather anyway - comes down to what they look at I guess. ... and of course an AD has to declare I guess. Funny how the complete watches can come in without any hassle though.