When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

blue sub dial replacement and making case water resistant again?

horologist

Hello fellow enthusiasts,

I happily have a blue dialled sub purchased many moons ago from someone that went by the name Aspire/Paul from information that was received on this forum.

I have been very pleased with it as it has been great and it is special because it was the first rep I purchased.

I had it serviced by a watchmaker that I knew and although it runs next to perfect, I am unhappy aesthetically as it now has scratches around the dial edges, the original wide datewheel has been replaced by the normal eta 2836 datewheel (even though he returned me the wide one) and it now fogs up when I go for my morning jog (probably could not get original seals being not even good for washing hands with) As a result, I have not worn it since as it doesn’t give me any satisfaction and I did pay good money for the service. The watchmaker cannot be blamed as he was not keen on working on a replica for obvious reasons

My question is;

(i) Is it possible to get a replacement dial and from where?

(ii) Is it a simple situation to replace the original wide datewheel back onto the mvt by just simply removing the thin one and glueing it back?

(iii) What can be done to get the watch water resistant again so that I can at least not have to worry about when placing my hand in the bucket while washing the car or even showering with it like I once did, knowing that it could never truly be good for swimming in deep water?

Any positive suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated as I have always been happy with this forums wonderful support. I am in Australia but am happy to send timepiece abroad if a feasible solution can be found

With thanks

might be worth giving Yuki's site a look for the dial, as for the fogging issue: Was the watch water resistant before? Might just be a matter of the watch needing new seals at the crown and caseback (crystal might be slightly less tight as well... ) Any decent watchsmith should be able to rectify these issues for you :good: