When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Addition: Daytona sec@6 (Old School Workhorse)

watchaddict

Hey Guys,

I just picked up this old school Daytona sec@6 from its original owner. This is the original sec@6 movement that actually has a good track record :)

It is about 5 years old and has never skipped a beat! Zigmeister said the movement is solid. The watch was recently serviced, relumed, and a new crystal added by Zig. I was told it is supposed to have a swiss 7750 but this is not confirmed.

What do you think?

post-31776-0-63781000-1322686535.jpg

post-31776-0-78166500-1322686627.jpg

post-31776-0-10994700-1322686695.jpg

Looks good, but I am not certain you have the 1st gen secs @ 6 7750. These usually came only with the low profile cases, which can be identified by the thickened area of the case just below the crown, which your watch lacks (I removed this material on mine).

Now reshape the crown guards, install a gen crown & keep an eye peeled for a gen bezel & you should be all set

rolexbox20151.jpg

How often, and where, do you see a bezel pop up??

ebay, but rarely. I have seen 3 different styles of cases (there may be more now) for 1165xx Daytona reps & the dimensions of each varies slightly. Due to this variability, you have to be careful buying gen case parts for them. The only way to know if a gen part will fit your particular case is to try it. If you search out my 'Perfect Daytona' thread, I posted some details that may help.