When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fiddy and 217 owners - How many straps do you have?

Watchmeister

I picked up another Fiddy strap brought it home and I noticed that there is no other Panerai that I have bought more straps for over the years. In fact I count 8-10 currently- 4 OEM's (black croc, rugby, cognac, JV), Gunny, Xamas, DiStefano, Orloff, etc. And that doesn't include the straps that have come and gone. Are all other Fiddy owners like me? What is it about the 47mm that causes us to buy strap after strap? Is it the watch or the owner of the watch? Stupid question but just curious.

Not sure if this extends to the mini-Fiddy, but I have about 10, but rotate around three daily wearers: an Orloff 24/22 black croc, a custom Spalding baseball strap with offset buckle pin, and the Maratac 5-ring Zulu which gets 80% of the wear-time. Great straps, those nylons.

• 2 weeks later...

On a humorous note, I ran home a couple of weeks ago from a meet-up with a Risti to pick up my new JV strap which caused me to start this thread. I went to put it on and finally noticed.....it was an XL - too big for me. He accurately advertised it. I just didn't notice. :bangin: So now the challenge starts. Find a person who wants to trade a regular for an XL. This could take a while. :D

On a humorous note, I ran home a couple of weeks ago from a meet-up with a Risti to pick up my new JV strap which caused me to start this thread. I went to put it on and finally noticed.....it was an XL - too big for me. He accurately advertised it. I just didn't notice. So now the challenge starts. Find a person who wants to trade a regular for an XL. This could take a while.

XL ey? Do you have a figure in mind? :)

Interesting...

I now just have a few of the straps left !! Thanks for reminding me... but I had the black alligator semi matt with white and one with black stitching, a JV which I still have, a custom Dirk light cognac again still have this then a Cashmere and rugby calf...

I did try the burgundy calf and alli but never liked them...

I was going to keep the JV but I think I will let that go and keep the Dirk..

I think I liked and chose mine to be suitable for casual, formal and smart casual ...

Franken Fiddy is wearing a Mario Paci Querciabella in Camel

2011-11-27_15-01-44_122.jpg

IMG00673-20100916-1648.jpg

I also have a custom made cognac gator from Stone Creek straps

IMG00679-20100916-1704.jpg

I have a gunny I never wear but I plan to put it on Franken 217 when that gets finished

and I just ordered an XL ass or more specifically the new 1:1ish Ass rep strap which the Turk is making custom for our group buy