When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Would You Do If This Came In The Mail Asa "new Watch

panerai153

Sorry so late to this thread...

Glad that he has made contact, but would suggest you keep your guard up, as

his record here has been spotty from square one.

I also don't really think he gives a care about us here, as he reacts with

pure nonchalance after any of his many near misses... as if nothing happened.

Keep us posted would ya ? :g:

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting that some people are saying "I hope he has a good explanation." Is there really any conceivable explanation that justifies sending someone a damaged and nonworking watch on purpose after representing it as new? This is not like a dealer not doing QC. He knew exactly what he was sending.

I don't think he's a scammer exactly. Sherlock Kanerich deduces that our young friend busted his MBW trying to mod it (he been really into frankenrolexes lately) and coveted another one really badly. But MBW's don't grow on trees so he went back and screwed Arthur out of his, figuring he'd work it out later. I'm not saying it's a flattering explanation, just the most plausible one.

One does have to wonder about this sort of behavior from someone who by his own repeated assertions is intelligent and educated and engaged in learning a medical profession that will compensate him handsomely and require him to act responsibly and ethically regarding each and every one of his patients. The way someone handles the little things tells you a lot about how they handle the big things.

There are MANY dumbass doctors.

There are MANY dumbass doctors.

I'm not trying to denigrate any profession, nor am I suggesting that any profession can be expected to have only honest or highly intelligent people in it. I'm saying once a specific person represents himself as smart, educated and ethically trained, he has painted yourself into a corner when it comes to pleading ignorance or stupidity for dishonest, irresponsible or illegal behavior. All you have as a skilled professional is your judgment, sense of responsibility and integrity, so "I'm a flake," or "I can't distinguish between basic concepts of right and wrong" aren't really things you should admit to lightly.

I also think Arthur is an incredibly generous person for accepting the "I've been really busy" explanation. Not too busy to sell two watches and pester Arthur into taking a busted one he didn't really want, but too busy to do the transaction right? Funny how that works. It's been said many times before -- if you aren't too busy to cut a deal but you ARE too busy to do what you promised and do it right, that makes you A BAD PERSON TO DO BUSINESS WITH, and you have to live with it. Forget about the lame excuses after the fact. This isn't just about this person by the way -- it is a pet peeve of mine regarding members on this board and people in life who don't do what they promised, avoid taking responsibility (hiding, not responding to calls and emails) and then eventually show up saying "geez, I was busy, I'm basically a good person. Don't be so mean" while somehow not apologizing or returning the money they took. Even assuming it's true, did I pay you just to be a basically good person? If not, why do you think that is an excuse for not carrying out your end of the deal?