When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Reluming By Yourself

pobiga

I just decided to improve my experience doing a "special test".

YES I've intention to try to relume a dial of my 111H, hoping should be more simple that a normal one!?

I don't know if the following is well known or not BTW if some of you, my friends, is searching for Super_Luminova, I got it asking directly by their internet site and receiving the documents which I want to share with you.

I just tell them that I need a kit to relume some of "Company's Instruments".

Hoping will help someone....

Tritec_set.pdf

post-742-1161958593_thumb.jpg

Great find, Pobiga, thanks for sharing!

I too am studying on DIY relume, but I want to try something new, i.e.:

1) Glow Paint Pro pigments;

2) new tools to apply the painting (something more similar to a pen than an oiler);

3) (because of 2) some new medium.

Let's keep in touch -- after all we are Italians. :)

Ciao!

I just decided to improve my experience doing a "special test".

YES I've intention to try to relume a dial of my 111H, hoping should be more simple that a normal one!?

I've tried a few normal dials with no luck, I've also done two sandwich dials with much more success. IMO, they are a whole different level and more reasonable for people starting out. What I've found is that you have to put the lum on, let it almost dry and then put the dial on. With one attempt I put the dial back together when the lum was still wet and it came blobing right out the cut out markers. Here is a reasonable dial I did.

sss, I would be interested in other ways to apply this, I'm simply using a paint brush.

140245-17183.jpg

sss, I would be interested in other ways to apply this, I'm simply using a paint brush.

I think that you did it the right way, a paint brush seems the right tool for sandwich dials.

But, as I absolutely need the date, I have no sandwich PAM.

So I am obliged to be fool and suicidary and to start it the hardest way, i.e. by painting markers and numbers.

I feel that my already poor hand skills are going to get even worse if I use the oiler (just a needle, actually) used by the masters.

I rather need something where the flow can come continuosly if I want so, stop when I want so, and that I can even make it a large/fast flow or a thin/slow flow.

I think I can make such a tool by adding a rubber-syringe to what is called an 'auto oiler'.

But auto-oilers are made to flow oil -- so I need a medium that has oil density, is crystal-clear, thickens after painting, but stays fluid while in the auto-oiler.

I got several materials and I am ready to start experimenting. I just need the auto-oilers that I bought on the bay a month ago :angry2:

Btw, congrats on your job!!!

Let's keep in touch -- after all we are Italians. :)

Ciao!

I just ordered yesterday the Kit, I will let you know when received and experienced!

Ciao!

Here is a reasonable dial I did.

140652-17103.jpg

Great job Chris, I'm thinking on what to use for relume and I did not decided yet.

I'll follow up as soon as I'll have.

Ciao.