When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM359 V2 - changed to low-beat 7750?

Smab

Hi to you all. I was sitting here, looking over the QC pics from one of our trusted dealers, once more, suddenly I realise that the timing computer picture, shows beat 21600(!), all I took notice to at first was the excellent +6secs per day and the pics looked ok. Must be a week since I approved them. It is still on hold because my other items had issues on the QC pics, and are not solved yet. I noticed something on QC and complaned, then they tried to fix it and ending up making it worse, in stead of just swapping to another item in stead. One week waiting now, guess none of the items will be here before xmas.

The dealer has 3 versions of the PAM359, I was careful and ordered the latest, called Best Edition V2. The oldest one is outdated as stated on the website, and the second is still available (updated), but why should I order something less than the newest edition, right?

Wrong(!) - looks like they have swapped to the old, outdated, crap A7750b (low-beat 21600) in the newest edition. It does not state 28800bph on the description, but so does it on the older models.

When I carefully examine the dealer pics of the movement, it is also visible that there is different movement of the two. The newest edition has even a lesser decorated movement, than the older version, even the watch has a display caseback, showing the movement in all it's glory. This is like backwards logics to me. You do not upgrade something to a lesser quality grade, or do they in this business?

Seems they also have the same crap movement in the PAM351, as much as I can tell out of the pictures, and in all of the series 312, 320, 328, 329 and 359 where they have made a socalled Best Edition V2 (2011). All of the V2 editions seems to have the less favourable low-beat movement, also with worse decoration.

I must emphasise, I shall not name names here, but mearly seek advise. Therefore, no name on the dealer, but it is out of our trusted dealers selection, so should be good, normally.

Why on earth would they do such a thing? Since I approved QC-pics, I guess I am scr**d, and this was not expected at all.

Any advise?

Well its pretty clear who the dealer is. Angus is a stand up guy, I would shoot him a message. This is what they get from the factory. So its more likely they haven't even noticed.

I don't believe this is focused on just one dealer btw. This will show up in all the watches.

The decoration is the exact same btw. All the versions are terrible. :p

It is no secret that the v2 is low beat. Angus discussed this b4 it was even released and the reason was to get the dial 1:1 with gen..date wheel position I think

Correct, this is exact reason. This is well known fact, BTW, nothing secret.

regards

I have the v1 and really don't see any issue with the date position. The issues in my mind are the strap stitching being a bit on the orange side and the bezel rim being a tad too thick. All the Pams from this factory have a crystal glare issue which I don't think is better with the later versions. It's a beautiful watch and even better with the better movement.....even though it's a v1.

perry, you need to remember these watches are "Replica's" and you will not find

consistency all the time.

IMO, pick the best one you like and live with it...and regarding the strap,

most of us replace our reps straps..That's why we have so many people

on our forum which can make you anything you want. They all specialize

in different styles and materials...

If the watch bothers that much...Don't buy a rep...Save up for a gen..

I just try to get the best rep I can, and I either mod it or live with

the little differences it has from a genuine watch..

Just my 2 cents,

Good luck my friend... ;)

MM

I have the v1 and really don't see any issue with the date position. The issues in my mind are the strap stitching being a bit on the orange side and the bezel rim being a tad too thick. All the Pams from this factory have a crystal glare issue which I don't think is better with the later versions. It's a beautiful watch and even better with the better movement.....even though it's a v1.

Datewheel window position was slightly off in v1. Read his section on repgeek for the info

Got info from the dealer also - asking why they have changed. They said all these PAMS are low.beat 7750 - since this is a non-chrono and the seconds hand on a PAM is so small the different beatrate is not visible anyway, I settle with this beeing a good one, all considerations taken.

In the meantime I have even ordered a PAM236-K on an all brushed SS bracelet. I think this model is maybe the cleanest dial of all of these Daylight series. And the all-brushed finish gives it the understatement on such a beautiful piece. So, two PAMS on their way, may not reach before xmas, but I have other items ordered earlier, as well. I have learned, allways order several at the same time, even from different dealers, then if one is a dissapointment or is delayed, you allways have a second (or third or fourth) backup:-)

A total of 5 watches ordered before xmas this year. Hope one or more of them will be a 1:er:-)