When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So the PAMs are getting a makeover. Is Breitling next?

ExtraExtra

• 2 weeks later...

Heard some words of Angus Puretime... Eventually 7753s Navis are in the pipe.

But makers focus is still on Pams...

So nothing definitly comfirmed yet...

Its funny how guys like to play broken telephone. Here are Angus' exact quotes...

LOL sorry I dont know the details of Breitling as they have moved target to Panerai recently, but they said they are working on some models with the same quality of the recently PAMs

I have heard they wanted to redo the Navitimers with A7753s but not sure if they have done it yet

If they use the A7753 then the date issue is fixed, they will redesign the entire watch so I think the entire thing will be correct winkCA3D11ZE.gif

Really hope the A7753 Navi to come soon smiley.gif

Still not sure about the time to have them as the maker has shifted their concern over Panerai / Rolex so the Breitling maybe later

Hehe sure I will tell them, but they want to make Panerai now

From this thread it seems to me that Angus really knows nothing except that at one point the idea of a 7753 Navi was discussed. We already knew that as I discussed the idea personally with Josh when the A7753 first appeared. The result of that discussion was that no 7753 Navi would be produced due to the fact that there is no easy way to advance the date. Get over it guys, there is very little chance that this is going to happen, especially given that the gen 7753 Navi is a thing of the past. These guys would be better to do a Super Rep of the vintage Old Navitimer.

I suspect both points of view are true. Someone may well take a stab at another Navi but it probably won't be up to snuff. I am convinced that there are only a finite number of factories making high end stuff and the new models only come out when the factories want to do it. My real fear is the new Navi's come from a lower end factory. I suspect the factories who actually invest in the little developments may not be convinced that the Navi's will have enough demand to sell thousands because that us what it takes to get a decent factory to do any development work.