When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first replica is a Hublot

quarc

Yesterday I bought my first replica watch, A Hublot Big Bang Limited gray. I really like the feel of the watch, and the looks of it too. I bought it in a shop In Saigon, and since I believed this to be a 400 USD copy, when it is actually a 300 USD copy, I ended up paying a bit to much, but I would never have bought this watch on the internet, but it looks great in real life, so I am still very happy. I have only one issue. The watch is very accurate when sitting on a desk. Or t least i checked it for 9 hour during the night and it was perfect. However when I wear it it runs fast. Walking around with it for 3 hours this morning made it go 5 minutes to fast....after only 3 hours.... It is a replica, and I can accept to have to set the watch now and then, but 5 minutes in 3 hours feels a bit too much. I have searched the forums but not come up with anything on this. Is this what you have to expect, or are there simple modifications that can be made? Maybe the heat here is a problem, and it will slow down going back to a colder climate?

Welcome.. We need pics.. You started off on the wrong foot by saying that you would have never bought this watch on the internet. The fact is, that by buying on the internet.. we can be a lot more nit-picky about things that you would probably never notice in real life because of the great macro shots our dealers send us before buying. Buying from trusted dealers here is a MUCH better option that buying from some "shop in saigon". As far as you know.. the watch you have might be a 150usd watch here on the forum.. In which case you possibly could have paid nearly 3 times to much for it..

Anyways.. enough negativity on my part. Post some pictures of your watch and let the experts chime in. We will most definitely need a picture of the movement. 5 minutes in 3 hours sounds like more than an adjustment problem, so you might need to send it somewhere to get serviced.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy new year!

-Fender

Sorry, still travelling in Vietnam so not able to supply photos yet. It looks exactky like this one though:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=279_287&products_id=6536

same serial number etc. So I am sure this is the copy I have bought. Movement looks the same as well, but could potentially be something cheaper yet, explaining why it runs so much faster when on the arm.

What I meant with I would never have bought this watch on the internet is that I don't think it looks good in photos :-) In real life it looks great. So of course I would rather have bought it on Internet, but then I would have picked a different colour scheme...

I have been to another 4-5 watch shops today, and they all lie like like crazy. They all sell automatic, and they also have ORIGINAL. The automatics do not tick :-) Unless you jerk them and auto-balance start spinning. Or the guy turn the crown while you listen so you can hear the turning sound.... I am no watch expert (yet) but do I look that an idiot? Some of the 'Originals' look really nice though, like the one I bought. Finally I found a shop that was honest about having only quartz. Bought a nice one for my sister there and told them they got my business because they were not trying to trick me.

Welcome.. We need pics.. You started off on the wrong foot by saying that you would have never bought this watch on the internet. The fact is, that by buying on the internet.. we can be a lot more nit-picky about things that you would probably never notice in real life because of the great macro shots our dealers send us before buying. Buying from trusted dealers here is a MUCH better option that buying from some "shop in saigon". As far as you know.. the watch you have might be a 150usd watch here on the forum.. In which case you possibly could have paid nearly 3 times to much for it..

Anyways.. enough negativity on my part. Post some pictures of your watch and let the experts chime in. We will most definitely need a picture of the movement. 5 minutes in 3 hours sounds like more than an adjustment problem, so you might need to send it somewhere to get serviced.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy new year!

-Fender

A big plus 1.