When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Water in rep

Bryce86

D'oh! Girl was in the shower and I reached in to adjust taps and got my panerai wet... Though nothing of it but half an hour later the dial was steamed up and it seems to be out of time now.

Fixes or is it fff'd? and unfortunately I don t have pictures..

Edited by Bryce86

Since the watch is new, I would not take the risk of

scratching the watch...Put the watch in silica gel if

you have any.

Otherwise I would not touch it if the watch is brand new.

If you scratch it up, the watch dealer will not exchange

it. they will send it in for repair, if new. demand

a new watch even if they have to order one!

MM

I've had maybe 2-3 watches out of at least two dozen which I wasn't able to get wet, but other than that, my watches have all been dunkable, stand up to showering, bathing and swimming without issue :) I know other folks haven't always had the same luck as me with water-resistance, and this really is one of those YMMV subjects, but for the most part, I think it is a reasonable (and fairly safe) expectation for a watch which is historically a diver's watch, to be water-resistant out of the box :)

Thanks for the advice lads.

So should my pam have handled a splash in the shower?

The real problem is the lack of quality control at the watch factory. Your watch might be designed to be waterproof but if the assembler forgets to put in your rubber gaskets ... oops! There is no inspector to find this fault.

Modern high quality replicas with screw-down (or lever sealed like PAM) crowns can be made waterproof. Its just a matter of proper gaskets. They normally have these in place but there is no guarantee.

you would have to remove the crown, another regular souce or leaks is the crystal, and crystal gasket, i have had watches with non round crastals in the past that would not be water restistant no matter what, other s with crushed and deformed crystals gaskets