When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 351m - Movement Issues?**Macros Shots Added**

Draven451

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays.

I recently received a pam 351M and noticed what could be potential issues. I thought I would ask in the forums to see if anyone else has experienced these issues before.

So I have only had the pam 351m for a few days. The first day I wore the watch I wound the watch for about 20-30 gentle back and forth turns and went out for the day.

Then after several hours of not looking at it when I looked again it was an hour behind but the seconds hand was still moving. So I adjusted the time again so it was correct and I didn't have further issues. That nite before I went to bed I made sure the watch had accurate time. In the morning when I am checking it the watch is 2.5 hours behind! The seconds hand is still moving!

So I adjust the time so it is accurate and decide to wear it through the day. I noticed that it seems to be running fast. Other then maybe running fast I don't have any issues with the time. So last nite before I go to bed I verify the time is correct and everything looks good.

This morning I wake up around 7:30 am to run some errands take a quick peek at the watch in the box and it is on time! Phew! Maybe it was a fluke. So I return back home around 8:30 am and the watch is still keeping good time!

I didn't get much rest so I decide to take a nap. I wake back up around 12:30 pm. I go check the watch and the time is slightly before 9 and the seconds hands is still moving!

I have left the watch untouched in the watch box and it is now 4:51pm and the watch is still at the same time right before 9 and the seconds hand is still moving but the hour and minute hand have not moved!

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this an issue for concern because I'm feeling unsure of this watch now? What could cause this kind of problem?

I would hate to have to send this watch back to china but don't want these subtle (or not subtle) signs to be an indication of a much more serious issue. Should I contact the dealer?

Man I am really bummed out about this pam huh.gif

if these are 7750 varients the problems lays with the clutch that allows the hands to be set and yet still be driven by the movement, just like the clutch in your car if it is slipping the rev counter will show revs (second hand still moving as it does not go thought the clutch) but the wheels wont turn or turn slowere than the revcounter is showing, Only solution is a service or new movement, if this is new get in touch with the seller

So just to update this thread. I contacted the TD who advised to wind the watch 50 turns and let it sit and it should go approximately 40 hours. The watch actually ran 46 hours and 15 minutes before stopping. I checked on it through the test and near the end it was running about 20 minutes behind. So while that is good news unfortunately my pam saga doesn't end on such a happy note yet.

Before discovering the issue with movement I noticed there were marks on the rotor that you can see thru the caseback. The marks are very angle dependent and not noticed on the qc pics.

So I contacted the dealer initially about the rotor issue which is being handled.

BUT... Today since the watch seemed to run well during the test I decided to put on a new strap and wear it today. Under the florescent lighting in my office I noticed two new issues thru the caseback :(

I have been so hung up with the first two issues I have not really inspected the watch very well!

So on a part of the movement in the back where there is metal jeweling if you hold the watch just right the light reflects and you see a bunch of scratch marks :(

Also there is what appears to be a thin wire of metal that looks like it has peeled off of one of the edges of the metal and looks like it is touching one of the gears (maybe the crown gear)! :thumbdown:

I sent a pm to the dealer. I think I may have to send this one back for a refund.

Could you maybe take some pictures of the movement with scratches and the wire?

Is this typical of the type of quality we can expect from an asian 7750? Is this acceptable quality?

pam351back-scratches.jpg

On this image it looks like part of the metal plate of the movement along the edge has peeled off and is now touching the crown gear. I have not seen any other movements like this. This may damage the gear and if I wind the watch and turn it over I can slightly see that small wire move. What are your thoughts?

pam351metal.jpg

Mine looks that way as well.

As you know, I got mine yesterday and it is not working. Only the seconds hand moves, the time doesn't change.

I am most probably going to send it back for replacement- which sucks because I will be out of a watch for some time.

Jeffw69,

I have seen you over at RG if you use the same screen name. Better Avatar over there :) You posted in my thread on rg.

Does your pam 351m also have scratches on the metal plate and also the wire touching the crown rotor? I can't imagine they would be made that way.