When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

El's 63

littleme

how did you make the light box and what type of lights are you using.

Your color is off -you may be able to correct it using a manual white balance.

i found when i used regular around the house bulbs i got this sort of color issue.

I went to home depot and got some hallagens - giving off a pure white light and that made all the difference in the world.

I think they have those bulbs too that are a pure clean white, sunlight type light.

but focus and such are all good.

Check your camera manual and try the white balance thing, alsmost all cameras have that feature

nice strap by the way, where is it from?

Thanks Pugwash,your pic looks great.What is a dark reflector?

My pic? It's yours given a 2 minute photoshop fix. Your photo is clear enough to be fixed, which means you've got a chunk of the technical stuff sorted.

Dark reflector? Get a black bit of card (a hardback book without the cover works well, I find) and put it in a place that reflects black into the dial. It removes reflections from the crystal much easier than any other method. :D

If you can't manage that, use my short dial photoshop tutorial to have the same effect.

You've got enough light and diffusion going on correctly. All you need to do is manage the colour balance, like Phoband said, and put a dark reflector in front of the dial and you're minutes away from this:

140529-17124.jpg

You guys (and By-Tor + TTK and the rest of course) are masters at this photo (fix) stuff. I would not have thought that such fixes were possible from such a yellowish original (no disrespect to littleme, nice watch). I have the same problems with my own pics. Good on yer, keep giving the valuable advice!

Edited by Slartibartfast

You've got enough light and diffusion going on correctly. All you need to do is manage the colour balance, like Phoband said, and put a dark reflector in front of the dial and you're minutes away from this:

140549-17122.jpg

Pugwash, its amazing what you can do with PhotoShop. You are really good at it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Cheers, vaccum

You guys (and By-Tor + TTK and the rest of course) are masters at this photo (fix) stuff. I would not have thought that such fixes were possible from such a yellowish original (no disrespect to littleme, nice watch). I have the same problems with my own pics. Good on yer, keep giving the valuable advice!

The picture was high enough quality with enough data to do that. A worse picture would have been a lot more difficult, which is why I said to LittleMe that his pictures were a good way of the way there.