When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can this BP be saved?

Adeodatus

Oh, my eyes, my eyes! :doh:

I have just received this watch from a friend, who bought it a couple of years ago at the flea market in Ankara.

Obviously it's a horrible rep, and the poor guy paid a ridiculously high price for it. It still works, though, and the PR is not fixed ( shows day ), which is nice.

Do you, guys, think this watch can be saved, or should he just put it out of its misery? Maybe to change a dial?

post-41517-0-56863700-1325067670.jpg

post-41517-0-87094800-1325067671.jpg

I just can't stop laughing when I see the glass case back. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

A miracle this movement still works.

Never in my life have I tried so hard not to laugh. My friend is such a delicate soul, and he was so sure that this is a good watch.

My initial thought was: "were is that sledgehammer when I most need it?", but simply because the movement is in such a good condition I thought maybe I can do something with it. A non-branded pilot's watch seems like a good idea, but i'm not sure the movement will survive such a journey. Does anyone recognize this movement?