When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Really Worried That USPS Lost My $1500 Package

dylan

I sent off some stuff to a modder on Dec. 21st via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

Usually, it'll get scanned in Fort Lee, NJ....then that night it'll say that it got scanned at Kearny, NJ Sorting Facility....and then it'll arrive at its destination and get scanned.

I'm paranoid that my package got snatched in Kearny because my delivery confirmation number only has an acceptance scan for Fort Lee and nothing else since Dec. 21st. :(

Anyone else have Priority Mail go awry with a happy ending? Because I am stressed :(

I sent off some stuff to a modder on Dec. 21st via USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

Usually, it'll get scanned in Fort Lee, NJ....then that night it'll say that it got scanned at Kearny, NJ Sorting Facility....and then it'll arrive at its destination and get scanned.

I'm paranoid that my package got snatched in Kearny because my delivery confirmation number only has an acceptance scan for Fort Lee and nothing else since Dec. 21st. :(

Anyone else have Priority Mail go awry with a happy ending? Because I am stressed :(

Hey D, Don't stress yet. The Post Office is so busy they are missing scans Even in the States. Personally I would not worry Yet! Did you insure it or no? I still

would bet you are ok>> I have been there.. Lost plenty of sleep and then the package arrives without the computer update...

MM

I'm paranoid that my package got snatched in Kearny because my delivery confirmation number only has an acceptance scan for Fort Lee and nothing else since Dec. 21st.

Anyone else have Priority Mail go awry with a happy ending? Because I am stressed

I have sent probably 50-80 priority packages in the last couple years. I had 1 that arrived 3 weeks late. I had another that supposedly never arrived. The tracking didn't show any transport activity and I don't have a home printing setup, all my stuff Originates at the time of payment at the USPS office.

I think there is a minimum insurance that comes with priority 300? Or 500? I know it's not great news, but its some information.

My issue did not happen at Christmas which is a ridiculous increase in shipping

My job is in logistics. In don't know for the US, but in Europe there is a huge increase of shipments in December (so many people buying Christmas gifts on internet). So it's not surprising to see that some trackings are missing. Sometimes, because of a missing scan, a parcel is momentarily missing. It delays the shipment, but it should be delivered. Just be patient.

Paul

I bought some stuff over the net and it never arrived at my conus address.

It was dropped in the lawn according to the gps tracking on my package- info from seller who also advised me maybe it was brought in by someone in the house without me knowing about it.

So i investigated, nope no one was able to receive the items thus my seller filed for an insurance claim. I got the $2 grand plus after 2-3 weeks after having my seller open a claim, and repurchased the lost items again from the seller.

This time i asked that an over 18 yr old sign for it, got the items after that.

Good luck