When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

the cheapest high-end watch...

hackR

No offense but in what planet is Seiko classified as a high end watch? and $45? Not even Canal st. stuff is so cheap. Kind of a non sense article, isn't it?

Even my CQout DJ works out at $58 when converted, so you're quite right there :good: Indeed, a nonsense article, written by someone who only knows a little bit about the subject, and who couldn't keep their own opinions/prejudices from influencing their objectivity :bangin:

for anyone interested, the authors watch can be seen here, scroll towards the bottom:

http://revo-online.com/forums/main/read.php?2,102326

:lol: My watch is the best :lol::bangin:

Guest cvg_876397046

I traded around 75 seiko 5 watches and it funded my rep collection, Nowadays I stopped as since half a year the prices have gone up in Asia but not in the west.

The 7s26 is a very good movement. None had any problems and for a lot of the buyers this was their first mechanical watch. I sold one to a man who worked in

the construction business and used it as a daily beater. The watch kept working fine. The cheap Seiko 5 looks not that great to me. Yes the quality control is super

but they look a little outdated. They are to small (40mm) and indeed the bracelet is not really great. But he you can buy one for $40 without shipping. However there are watches like the

Seiko Atlas SKZ229 for instance that are amazing. I own one and 1 year ago you could buy them around $150 but prices have gone up now.

I kept it as the quality is amazing. Yes you might hate the design (or love it) but the same goes for the Omega Proplof. The watch is very heavy, has great finish and has a very nice dial. The 7S36 runs just like most of the 7S26 within 5 seconds a day. And the lume puts several big brands to shame. All of the Seiko's 5 watches had no flaw at all. A new Tag Heuer movement is a Seiko movement (or at least based on). And the article is right. Seiko uses in house movements, something most of the big names could not say a few years ago. I would say if you do want an original mechanical watch for a low price a Seiko is a watch you might consider. If you do not mind that it is not an original you can buy a rep. I think the prices of most watches is far to high but with a Seiko (and some reps) you get a great looking watch for an affordable price.

Edited by cvg_876397046

Seiko do make good watches and have done so for many years but the are more the volkswagon of the watch fraternity

Volkswagon own Audi and Bentley.

The problem with the Seiko is 7s26 movement that it has no hacking function, although apparnetly you can play with the hand setting tostop the watch.

The problem with the Seiko is 7s26 movement that it has no hacking function, although apparnetly you can play with the hand setting tostop the watch.

Yep, easily done so it's not really an issue.

I bought one off a guy that certainly never regulated it since he bought it in 2009. Runs +13. Should be able to get it closer to +5 I would hope.

Edited by two40

Ebay have sent me an Email to say they have delisted one of the Seiko Fives I bought (for 10 quid) for reasons they won't say.

Guessing it was a clone.

I guess people must think it is a high value watch to bother cloning it.

Ha! Stopped by a shop to see what the fuss was all about and ended up buying that Seiko 5. Still think that the article is rubbish, but I have to say: I love the watch.

The design is extremely efficient. The movement is simple and beautiful. The dial and the hands are of a good quality, although the printing isn't consistent and the bracelet is rubbish.

If the printing was of a better quality and the price tag was over 2000$, I can almost see how people would be drooling all over this watch and "best ultimate v3 1:1" reps would have been made in no time. ;)

post-41517-0-80276800-1326361594.jpg