When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Here and Need Guidance

JayDub

Hello all. I am new to the replica game and need help. I am glad I found these forums buried among the scammers, but a lot of the links are broken.

I am looking for a Rolex 41mm Platinum Day-Date with white pearl face replica. Or maybe just silver, but I really want to know some reputable sites I can shop safely on. I am looking for closest to real as possible.

I appreciate your anticipated assistance.

Best way is to check the Trusted Dealers websites. You can always post a "I Want To Buy" but you need to be a supporting member to be able to post in that section. A picture of what your looking for would also be helpful

Thanks for getting back to me guys. I don't mean to sound too newbish, but the good part is I am a quick learner.

I did some researching on the trusted dealers and it seems like Pam111 (Paul as he is referred) had the biggest selection of the range of watches I am looking for. There were some horror stories but they were from five years ago and it is impossible to find anything more recent. Say in--2011 or so. So I was curious if he has cleaned up a bit because some of the newer (2009) reviews seemed positive.

After reading a lot of reviews, PT always came up as one of the 'best' dealers. Now I know there is no 'best' dealer, but we can come pretty close when it comes to specific watch--right? I hope so. So I guess my next question is; should I wait for PT to come back at the end of January? His site is totally down so I don't know what his selection is or if it is even worth it.

Let me give you a link and description of what I am looking for. I am looking for a ROLEX Day-Date 41mm with either a White or Pearl dial (face). I would rather the bezel be plain platinum like the entire watch should be. I am willing to pay a good amount of money if the watch is top notch and QC'd. I live in the United States.

I hate to be annoying but I really would like a custom recommendation from one of you experienced guys. I can and will continue reading but nothing is EVER going to beat a dealer recommendation from someone who has experienced enough to make said recommendation.

Here is the link of the watch:

http://www.watchuwant.com/sites/default/files/rolex-day-date-ref-218206-serial-7u778843--unassigned-076.jpg

I cannot find a pearl face because I don't know if they make it.

Thank you for that find.

I found this as well:

http://puretimewatch.com/product/day-date-ii-ss-silver-diamond-dial-a3156-best-edition/

I like the band better on the one from PureTime as the new 41mm Rolexes have that band, not the 2006 oyster band as the watch you linked has.

Although, do you feel Trusty Time is a more reputable dealer?

As Red has said, it's just a personal matter of choice! ;)

That'a why our dealers have such a large selection to choose

from!

MM

I agree. I decided to go with PureTime after the "It was as smooth as Amazon" someone posted. There were also several screen shots and the only negative reviews never seemed to come from quality of the item. I guess time will tell (pun intended :p).

I hope things go well as I am looking for a main source. But I will most likely try Trust soon enough. Although, Trusty Time seems to have a more complicated system for selecting the mechanisms. Is there a place I can read up on the differences?

Thanks so much guys. You have been such a great help to me. You cannot imagine how much this eases my mind and my search after all the scams and [censored] I snuck my way out of. Good thing I was familiar with website umbrellas scams and looked for a forum right away.

/e-hug