When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to get the forum links to work

grejyedi

I have been spending nights looking back into the old posts since i discovered this forum.

However i can't get some for the links to work and can't find the topic when i do a search.

For example The Zigmeister's 's Care and Feeding Of Mechanical Movements

This has rwgforum in the URL?

How can I change it?

Does the post still exist as when I search on the post ID of the above words I can't find it.

it is very unfortunate. in fact all posts pre-spring 2006 are gone, unless someone manually copied them over from the old forums RWG 1 and TRC.. personally i am in the process of finding content of my own that is still relevant and creating a compendium of photos research and Editorials for my sig. the bad news is much is messed up. the good is, it will all be better organized.

grejyedi, I had the same problem. I'm new here, just like you, and it's surprising to find this kind of message when you clic on a link.

All this information lost, it's pity ! That's why I use to copy the most important for me on a personal document. I know that all information on internet maybe will not last very long.

Anyway, the remaining information here is soooooooooo big, and increasing every day, I'm not so frustrated !

Paul

It's not all lost. Most of it is here, just bad links. Some because forum name changed. Also for some reason I have image shack images that weren't showing. But it was random and I couldn't figure out the issue. There is a lifetime of info here. Much of the "lessons learned" in older threads gets incorporated by reference with the underlying point as part of a larger newer gathering of info. There are many members who keep catalogs of information they found useful in their sigs (I'm working on collecting mine, lightbox comes first) once you get a command of the lingo and which members are authoritative on certain subjects, it's easier to weed through the pile. If there is a discussion on a movement and you see The Zigmeister's name go there. If. You are reading about franken or vintage rolex and you see ubiquitious go there. If you see some drunken idiot rambling on about US politics and you see phoband ----- RUN