When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot buying advice

fischyyy

Hey guys,

I have finally decided that my first watch of 2012 should be a Hublot. I have done some research and chosen the Big Bang Black Magic 2

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8682

It has the new circular bridges which I love, nice watch overall, plus it's a new model which is always a plus as these Big Bangs get better every time round.

Two things I'm concerned about is,

1. the lume, it is not superlumed, unlike some Hublot reps

2. the stick markers, it's an evolution model, would you recommend this or lean towards regular numbers.

All in all, how close to a gen Hublot is it? What are the tells? (exept from movement, strap and lume)

And talking about the strap, should I choose the Rubber or the Croc option. I think the Croc looks bad in pics, bit it's hard to tell if it look fake and plastiky.

I would love your advice, this is my first Hublot and I've never seen one in person, we don't have an AD in our area.

1. no gen big bang hublot is superlumed, so lume is no issue and the rep is as good as the gen

2. the v6 evo is as good as is getss, period!! no competition

tells.. hmm why not decide for yourself?

there are tells but i think this are things nobody on the wrist would notice, only guys like me who compared them many many times side by side.. so forget them , buy the watch and enjoy it!!

strap.. the gummy is nice, but the gen is better, if you want on the save side, go for the rubber strap

Nice try, I've just ordered it. Along with the Project X Rolex Explorer 2. ;) Just to ease off some of the shipping fee :clap2:. Will report back when both arrive and review them.

The can of worms is now fully open! :Jumpy:

lol, i bought one and i cant get enough now =) My list is sooo long.

My first one was a HBB too, the evo steel/cer with the croc strap. I also thought the strap looked fake too so Ms King sent me the rubber strap too. But holding it in my hand, boy its fantastic! Havn´t switched strap yet =)

How is the weight of the watch like ? Really keen on a or rather few Hublots. Currently looking at the Black PVD Oceanographic 4000m with blue dial. Any proud owner care to comment on the PVD coating and waterproofing ?

Edited by duvaz

How is the weight of the watch like ? Really keen on a or rather few Hublots. Currently looking at the Black PVD Oceanographic 4000m with blue dial. Any proud owner care to comment on the PVD coating and waterproofing ?

The HBB evo is a pretty big watch and heavy! My first impression when picking it up was "wow, this feels like the real deal!". I think it nearly wheighs the same as my gen seamaster with metal bracelet!

You wont regret geting the HBB evo v6. Dunno about the other models thou.

This watch (and many others) are supposed to be waterproof but the truth is that the quality control at the Factory is very bad. One member here opened his 4000 to find no gasket O-ring! After he found a good gasket and installed it himself, the watch was very good.

No one can tell you if your replica watch is waterproof! You must check it yourself .. forgotten gasket = flood.

Yeah I came across the post as well. That is why I was kinda hesitant at first. But after trying to get some re-assurance from the mentioned dealer in the post I decided to seek other dealers instead. Eventually made a purchase with King as she was sweet enough to promise to do water proofing test for me before sending the watch.