When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Yacht-Master Rolesium

watchcollector

I saw different versions of the Yacht-Master, even gens, with and without rehault engraving. There are two different versions of the same watch, or only one version is correct?

And my second question is about the SA3135 movement. Is it unreliable? I heard some people talking bad things about it... At least is any better than the other known ticking bomb from the IWC Portuguese, for example?

If you are concerned about the new SA3135, puretime now has a TW Best Yacht-Master with an ETA 2836.

I think it looks pretty good the dial is a slightly darker gray than the SA3135 version. However, I do not know if this is more or less accurate.

Edited by japanic

SA3135 is to new to know its long term reliability... whether it lasts 1 year or 5 years eventually it will need replacement parts... and where ya gonna get em? its already been determined gen hands dont fit, gen balance wheel dont fit, gen stem doesnt fit. a long term reliable bet would have my money on an ETA or Sellita movement (NIB $125). being able to use a gen datewheel, dial with out clipping it, and a true 1:1 case is attractive option, but long term it could be a nightmare and a waste of money, especially if they are planning on improving and releasing a new version of this movement dropping all support most likely for the current 3135. you know how the game goes, things change every 6- 8 months

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee