When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

why does customs take forever

Guest abasf

its been almost 4 days since the watch went into customs... what are they waiting for... its only a watch anybody knows what process they usually go through or they are just lazy...

remember its not just your package coming through-its thousands...every hour...

ive had some take just hours to clear, others over a week, just gotta be patient :) i think lazy is abit harsh, after all they're just doing their job checking packages for drugs, immigrants, counterfeit watches...

well i know saying lazy is harsh... but some of them tend to let loose and not to there work correctly... but usually i've never had any probs in the past. im guessing the packaging might have looked suspicious... but does this mean ill be getting my watch? considering its not gen? and they dont scan every parcel its random

I'm pretty sure you will get it buddy, nothing to worry about! Just with so many packages they sort through it'll take time, especially this time of year when they getting back to norm after christmas.the tracking may say awaiting customs clearance but it maybe still in a cage or sack somewhere in a queue of thousands awaiting the same clearance...its normal though so not to worry :-)

well i know saying lazy is harsh... but some of them tend to let loose and not to there work correctly... but usually i've never had any probs in the past. im guessing the packaging might have looked suspicious... but does this mean ill be getting my watch? considering its not gen? and they dont scan every parcel its random

I think your thinking is all demented. #1, The Custom Employees work at a constant rate no matter what you think! And you are being paranoid thinking you package

looks suspicious. Enjoy life my friend, You watch WILL show up, I promise. The percentage of watches that get caught in Customs is so small it's not

worth talking about it.

There are tons of packages that are coming from China that were suppose to make it by Christmas. Only so many packages can pass customer every hour.

And this year China had huge sales, more than expected, so is why you are having a delay!

Cheers mate, ;)

MM

The Customs officer is trying to decide if he wants to keep it for himself .. do not rush his decision!

Customs here keep the stuff and turn you over to attorneys and police. Just received a +$7k demand from rollieboys here.

They might just be able to cut me a deal where I go free and they get to destroy the items.

Damn

It is a government work place..... pace of work is slow and paper work is piled high. You can only be patient with them because they will never move faster. Been through the same thing many times.

i used to be in the army...and they would take forever when it came to paperwork... now i know they are different branches... but in the end they arent working for profit.. i was hoping to get it by the end of the week for a special occasion

I hear you, buddy. I am tired of waiting for my order as well. On the 24th of Dec. it was reliesed for customs in asia and no tracking info after that date. Also, no response from the seller. I think that the only thing can be done in this situation is to be patient.

Wrap that rascal (watch) in as much bubble pack as you can afford !!

I received 2 re-manufactured hard drives today. The shipper had placed both drives in a box which was the exact same size as the hard drives. No air space .. and wrapped in 1 layer of worn-out bubble pack .. the SMALL bubbles, not the larger bubbles.

The SATA connector was snapped from a small hit the outside of the box.

thogaa I hope you're in Switzerland or Germany. Otherwise I'd like to know what other countries have such harsh practices.

No jokes. I’m in DK – Latest news is that I received a letter from the Rollie/Omeg lawyers with a settlement out of court to destroy the goods and they will not take the matter further.

In November there was a court ruling here that even private individuals are not allowed to import any knock off items – only when traveling abroad and entering actually wearing the stuff it’s ok.

EU court should shettle this matter in a few months. It could actually be a breach of personal freedom.

But from now on EU shipping for me only. :nono:

But you did not order a watch. You ordered some funny sunglasses.

Couldn't sleep at night if I got into a fight with them. I'm sure they'd take it to court if they had to - even if they faced loosing. They won the case about a guy buying two $118 subs sent to his business address - claimed that it was a business purchase with retail purpose and he had to cough up close to $20.000. Not kidding, lying or joking. True story.

Law here is that it is actually up to the receiver to proof that he/she is not selling the goods on and they can now legally destroy the items even though it's a private purchase for own use.

Another case was a girl buying 6 down jackets for her family and friends (she said) - she got rolled over by the same firm and had to pay more than $5k for a settlement because the volume suggested that she acted as a retailer.

I'm planning to emmigrate soon. The government here are now all communists

So someone can send you a watch in the mail for the purpose of having you fined or jailed? I think we each need to send members of your parliament a few watches to show them the dark side of this fascist law.

Btw it's not communism when the government places the rights of a corporation above those of actual people. It is the original and correct definition of fascism.

So someone can send you a watch in the mail for the purpose of having you fined or jailed? I think we each need to send members of your parliament a few watches to show them the dark side of this fascist law.

Btw it's not communism when the government places the rights of a corporation above those of actual people. It is the original and correct definition of fascism.

Your right. But this is just one law firm trying to scare people.

The two cases I read about they must have somehow proofed that the receiver actually bought the stuff. Or else I see chaos.

But what a great idea.

I will start finding out where the attorney who dealt with me lives and have [censored] shipped. Gift, containing 1 pcs ROLEX REPLICA WATCH value USD99