When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinions for first rep purchase

ashleyblah

Hi all,

about to make my first rep purchase and would appreciate some of your opinions.

Gotten a bit stuck between

http://www.1-pc8838.com/0omse00052-planet-ocean-ssle-swiss2824-p-9546.html

http://www.1-pc8838.com/omsp10003-broad-arrow-dial-markers-manual-chronos-p-633.html

Although I am finding myself a bit more drawn to aesthetics of the Speedy, the PO seems to be a much better rep, that and the further out spacing does seem to detract a bit from the Speedy.

I did find this one http://www.silix-prime.com/ome004-p-2229.html which appears to look better (minus the accent on Tachymetre) but thought it might be a bit dodgy.

I understand I'm not getting a gen but still would like it to keep time/not fall apart too fast lol.

So any thoughts on what you'd recommend as a good first rep?

Cheers

For your first watch, do you really want to go with the complex chronograph watch? Just FYI these should be fully serviced in order to set them up properly and guarantee years of reliability.

The Planet Ocean is a much better "first replica" choice, and accepts genuine parts if you care to make it "more perfect"

I wouldn't personally worry if your first rep is a chrono... mine was and I've never looked back. At the end of the day any watch can become faulty. Just read up on rep movements and how to look after them and job's a goodun.

Having said that, I'd personally go for the PO out of those two, but that's just personal preference.

Hi - if will go for the Speedy, I think this model much more resembles the the Speedmaster Reduced

http://www.1-pc8838.com/omsp10004-broad-arrow-dial-markers-manual-chronos-p-1961.html

I was comparing the 10003 and 10004 versions from the site and found out that the 10004 looks more closer to the real thing, but still far off. Hope this helps :-)

I ended up going for a Speedy Pro and Longines Admiral Sport ordered from "Mary".

Was going to get the PO (thinking the PO will be my third rep lol) but came across a thread whilst tossing up between 42mm vs 45.5mm PO that mentioned "Mary" and had some pics of the Longines (pretty sure it's a "made up" rep but I just really like the look of it) then that led me onto find a rep of the Speedy that i liked better then the ones from "Josh".

Cheers for the replies/input guys :)

Just in case someone can not tell on their own .. there is a translation problem in that Speedy description on Mary's web site .. it says "self winding" but it is a manual wind movement .. you have to "wind it yourself" ..

And just FYI Mary's site does not represent all the watches she can get. It's just there for non Forum members to find and use. She can get any watch available since she goes to the watch bazaar and hand-picks pieces for her customers.

Don't buy from her site, either. Always email her directly and explain that you are a Forum member and there is a chance you will be charged a little less than the web site price. I can't guarantee that, tho.

Yeah noticed that typo, and yeah I had started ordering it from the website but read on these forums to contact her direct.

Gotta say was surprised at how quick she answers emails.

Didn't mention I was a forum member or know she could get watches not advertised if you ask so cheers for the tips.