When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Corum Admiral's Cup 48 (just received) Review.

ghoatson

Just got my Corum Admiral's Cup 48 in Black as the first rep that I've bought. All in all, I'm very pleased with the look and already gotten two compliments on it (been wearing it for all of 30 minutes).

Here is a picture I just took

imag0178z.jpg

As you can see, the main dial has a cool pattern to it. It isn't very noticeable unless you're looking at it just right. The same with the smaller dials. They do have a certain pattern and reflect light in a unique way, which shows that they're not just plain, but they're even more subtle. The minute hand at the 9:00 does move pretty smoothly but if you really study it, you'll see very very slight ticks. The band and buckle are chunky and feel good. The watch is lighter than I'd expect due to the fact that it's made from titanium.

However, the bottom chronograph reset button just quit working. I started, stopped, and reset the chronograph twice earlier and had no problem. Then just now I started it, stopped it, and went to reset it but the button was done. Fortunately, I was able to wait for it to get back around to the 60 (where you see it in the picture) and stop it with the top button. The lume doesn't seem to be very strong (albeit it was just in a box for about 10 days) so I'm waiting to see if it picks back up once the watch is exposed to a good amount of light.

That's an Asian 7753 model in tri-compass mode. You have from left to right: running seconds, hour totalizer for the chronometer, minute totalizer. In the center you have the chrono seconds hand and at 10 o'clock you have a small button to change the date.

The hour totalizer hand will only move if you let the chrono run for more than 1hr. I have always thought that was a useless feature on chronographs.

It's strange the reset button is stuck but not unheard of. Maybe you should contact your dealer to see if you can exchange it.

Could you take more pictures outside under the Sun maybe? A wrist shot would be nice too. I have been looking at this model but I'm not 100% sure I'll like it.

Sure thing. Just stuck in the office so it'll have to be tomorrow morning but I'll get on that. It's a hefty sized watch at 48 but honestly doesn't feel too large (to me anyway).

Ok... the chrono isn't screwed up. I'm the screw up. I didn't realize that the prongs at the end of the watch are locks. once you unlock them, it works! OMG! Sigh...

Edited by ghoatson

I was going to suggest that to try to unlock the pusher after watching a video at Perfect Clones. I see you have figured It out. ;)

It looks to be a very well made rep.... Congratulations.

Just remember to have the watch set around 6 O clock...you dont want to change the date when the movement Is In changeover mode...you could ruin or severely damage the movement...so 6 O clock Is the safe standard.

Enjoy your new watch. :)

Mike

Yes, it's new, but I haven't really found anything about it that I don't like yet. Had to be in court early today, so I couldn't take pictures in the sun (it's overcast anyway).

However, the lume isn't getting any better. I've heard talk of being able to "re-lume" watches or (even better) getting them painted with some slightly radioactive coating that glows for a long time but isn't harmful (don't remember what its called).

Anyone have any info on this? Thanks so much.