When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

029m The Zigmeister-fied! (modem melter)

grifter

After getting this 29, I realized it needed more work than I could do myself. It came with a badly pressed crystal and the keyless was kaput. Also, the almost neon green lume bugged me.

Off to The Zigmeister she went! Keyless fixed. Crystal pressed in correctly. Relume using C3 A+ Superluminova, which gives it a much more subtle, more natural "lume green" instead of the artificial green it came with. But then, this is my own opinion, and I'm by far the noobiest Pam fan. (but hey at least I didn't call it a PAN!) :D

Let the pics do the talking. Note: it was hard for me to capture the real color. It's not white. It's not as green as oob.

ded7838e.jpg

735f45e0.jpg

f6b2db71.jpg

d0cb803f.jpg

5f138e13.jpg

f5b8f13b.jpg

9b87ac1e.jpg

3ba59325.jpg

Losing sunlight when I took these but wanted some outdoor shots.

6b01c28f.jpg

2371976b.jpg

52227330.jpg

9cfe270e.jpg

17fd1fbe.jpg

22581546.jpg

Lume shot in dim light looks so cool.

49e641cb.jpg

The Zigmeister's report stated he scraped off the factory's lume and "sausages" because they were too high. He then relumed the dial and hands. Here are the pics I sent him and asked to make mine as close to these photos as possible.

1.jpg

PAM029M-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

It is nice but i think you wasted your money

I have to disagree. I haven't seen the rep yet but either it is true C3 Luminova with hands appropriately painted on the underside in which case a relume may well not be necessary or its not (and it sounds like it isn't) in which case the relume will make a big difference. It is a relatively simple dial and so the wrong color rises to the level of critical fault. But I will be the first that some pictures make the rep lume look way too green and others have it looking within the proper range.

It is nice but i think you wasted your money

@dvn, why did he waste his money? #1, the keyless works was broken,, and the watch had green lume. I have

seen 3 of the new ones, and the green color is totally wrong. I would of done exactly what the owner did,

There are very few pans that i feel the color is right. Lately they are way to green, and i don't know why, but it's

a dead give away...

MM

I have to disagree. I haven't seen the rep yet but either it is true C3 Luminova with hands appropriately painted on the underside in which case a relume may well not be necessary or its not (and it sounds like it isn't) in which case the relume will make a big difference. It is a relatively simple dial and so the wrong color rises to the level of critical fault. But I will be the first that some pictures make the rep lume look way too green and others have it looking within the proper range.

the rep lume is definitely a tad too much lime but it's very well applied, including the hands. Would I be happier with a more subdue color? yes, is my OCD acting up pushing me to change it? not yet. Once you wear it for a little while you don't even notice it anymore.

Many of the gen autos are lime anyway so for now I'm not reluming it, for now :)

@gifter - Did you consider getting the movement serviced?

• 4 months later...

Any new consent on the lume colour? I see some people say it is just right and others say it is a touch too green. Seems like it would be an impossible tell unless have the gen at hand and in exactly the same lighting angle. Flaws such as numerals not touching when they should is easy to spot but slight variances in colour tone seem to be impossible to spot unless you have the gen.

Gen: panerai_pam29_5_large.jpg

Rep:7287757942_aaa3b56c5e_b.jpg

Edited by Craig88