When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Input for next purchase.. caught the itch!

MapsMoney

okay, so my first watch was a success! I ordered from mary and got the PAM 111 N edition, (noob).. it's amazing.. I love it, great watch.. gonna order a better strap for it also, NOW... I want to order another PAM but this time one that has the date on it, the 351M was my first choice..

Just wondering what the quality of the reps are of these? haven't seen much reviews on them ..

Can anyone input on some other pams that have the date on them and maybe a closed back ?

Thanks guys

I heard that the 351 wasn't as good as the 312/320 but as far as i can tell they are the same watch except for the case material. I think these 44mm 1950's are really great watches so go for it. They all seem to have been numerically challenged on the caseback front

Angus

PAM-2011-09-14-01-02_enl.jpg

PAM-2011-09-14-01-07_enl.jpg

Andrew/trusty

7c9f4c2abf8ad712df4ec20b12e6a7c0.image.800x532.jpg

f67d3c216d0cd48f28c9c47d3fc7c999.image.800x532.jpg

I dont know if they are from the same factory , I do know that Angus started this model

Also looking at the 359M... All are nice..

The thing throwing me off about the 351M is the Rose Gold on it that isn't accurate to GEN... I really do like the whole look of the date on there, I already have a 111 so I'd like to switch it up a bit

so should i do 351, 320 or 312?

I want the best possible quality rep here out of the 3, i really do like the style tho.. thanks!

Stick with Gens buddy , these are not 1:1 nor are the really that easy to mod except for AR & lume which is IMHO unnecessary and the lack of gen type movement will also leave you dissatisfied.

Go buy 005's and closed casebacks etc much less chance of being disappointed with them

if you can get over the faults the 312 is the simplest

See this and then figure out if 312 is good for you: It's not as close to the Gen like your new 111 or like the 005M is.

Another good choice that's super close to Gen is 029M

Or if you really like that 1950 style case and you think you can handle going from 44mm to 47mm then check the brand new release of classic 127 out: http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/pam127-e-n-maker-11-superlumed-ultimate-edition-on-soft-tan-leather-strap/

Overall the 005M and 029M Noobs are the closest to the Gen and that new 127 looks pretty close too, but no one has gotten one yet.

It's a though one if you discount accuracy to the Gen issues. 312 looks pretty awesome, I don't like the crown, the teeth on 312 and alternate models look so crappy - that's Panerai deal though, nothing to do with the rep. Panerai just really screwed up design of those crowns, they did not use the nice design of the "chunky" crown that 243L use which is based on PAM127 design but adjusted for 44mm cases. That's really my personal dislike, even when I handled the Gen I did not like that crown design at all. Besides that I think it is an awesome model.

By the way the lever on the 312 rep is way off, the shape of it. I personally don't mind super small things like font is thinner 1/10mm or whatever all of us love picking on. But the big things that just scream rep are a deal breaker for me.

029M, I cannot really pick on this one honestly, looks awesome. I'm actually thinking of getting it just because it is so well replicated and it is a cool watch.

See this and then figure out if 312 is good for you: http://www.rwg.cc/to...ctorial-review/ It's not as close to the Gen like your new 111 or like the 005M is.

Another good choice that's super close to Gen is 029M

Or if you really like that 1950 style case and you think you can handle going from 44mm to 47mm then check the brand new release of classic 127 out: http://www.puretimew...-leather-strap/

Overall the 005M and 029M Noobs are the closest to the Gen and that new 127 looks pretty close too, but no one has gotten one yet.

Based on what you are saying...I would go for the 005. Gorgeous watch... Excellent fit and finish...;)

MM

Nice, 005 is a a best historic rep anyway, so you may want to look at an alternative, 1950 cases like 312 are nice... quite different from what you have, visually the appear taller and just look "more expensive" in general. You may want to research other models as well.

Have you looked at pam253L Regatta Flyback Chrono? That model looks mega sweet, I used to have standard 1950 version of it, not Regatta and I wore it for about 5 years. It looks amazing on your wrist and definitely gets noticed a lot. But it does not have a date. The only drawback as far as this particular model is mineral crystal that scratches easily so you would have to be extra careful.

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/pam253i-luminor-regatta-flyback-chrono-1951-ultimate-edition/

Iìm in a similar situation, I ordered a 111, but I'm already craving for a complementary pam model. The point is to find a rep that is enough different from 111. The 3xx ones are the best ideal choices, but for what I read in the topic they aren't so close to the gen. So I have search for other ones...

I'm gonna make my research. Just 2 questions,

Which one are the 1:1 reps? If the list is to long to write here down, how can I spot them in vendors sites?

Which ones are the best rep made ever (for best I mean really "indistinguible" from the gen) ?

thx.

of course! I understand that, i just cant seem to pick my next one... Any ideaS?

I'm Looking hard at the 209, 088, 29M, 351M, 312

I really want something with the date though, just to switch it up.. the chrono/gmt stuff is also cool..

All I own now is a 005, so I def want to spice up the collection...

Thanks guys