When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Assistance Locating a Crystal for a Project

hackR

This is the crystal i'm searching for...it's for a Breitling Navitimer Serie Speciale ("Fighter"), model A13330...i am modding an old skool version of the rep...i believe the gen has a cambered mineral crystal - but i'm open good with mineral, sapphire, plexi, etc...looking for the shape and correct size; material is second...

fighterxtal.jpg

Not sure what the name of this type of crystal is, so any info would be helpful...i'm searching the net for it now...if you know of crystal brands, crystal name/shape/type, sources, etc, please comment in this thread...

For my Fighter project, i need a crystal that is approx 34.47mm in diameter and approx 1.07mm thick at the edge - the unfinished edge that is "hidden" in the case/gasket flush with the bezel...the 1.07mm is the edge thickness that is hidden in the case...the overall crystal is a lot thicker...the crystal is domed as you can see...

thanks for any help and/or direction...

R-

hey J...yeah - was thinking that a plexi might work, too...

today, i grabbed my old skool Omega Broad Arrow...it has a domed plexi on it and the diameter appears to be close to the one i need...the upper edge on the breitling is more straight, while the Omega is slightly angled...gonna see if i can find a plexi similar to the Omega...

img3798medium.jpg

img3791medium.jpg