When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega SeaMaster Planet Ocean (clone ETA) with rubber strap from Marry

wagneralbert

That's unfortunate. When I get mine, I'll have to see how bad it really is and determine if I can live with it, or figure out some way to fix it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-100-original-brand-new-Planet-Ocean-XL-45mm-Bezel-set-/270886079348?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3f12118b74

265 USD is a lot better than 265 GBP for anyone with a 45mm orange.

Edited by WetWork

That's unfortunate. When I get mine, I'll have to see how bad it really is and determine if I can live with it, or figure out some way to fix it.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f12118b74

265 USD is a lot better than 265 GBP for anyone with a 45mm orange.

That guy valiola, keep an eye on his stuff, he does lots of gen parts, some good deals at times, not so much on the new stuff, but his 2nd hand stuff can be really good value. P,S. god damn it...keep dealers like him quiet...we don't want everyone nabbing the good stuff before we even see it ;)

Ok, here is the best way to fi the situation

DONT POST the PHOTOs.

You guys need to back off on the insanely critical minor, issues. Especially with a new member. cause under your conditions there isnt any rep that hits your standards. Dont crush someones fun. He probably would have never noticed the pearl. There are pearl debates as long as ive been here. if we do this, someone will [censored] over whatever rep is bought.

The rep is fantastic. It's a great watch. I hope you enjoy it for a long time.

I can see the t being annoying, but no one is gonna see it, except you and whomever your sleeping with. Def an issue if QC is not watch received.

The pearl is fine. At 10x your gonna see imperfections. Gens have imperfections to.

If you want perfection at 10x loop, get the gen. Welcome to the rep world man, sit back, relax, and enjoy plenty of good stuff here. My version of rule #1 it's not important what anyone else thinks of your watch, it's only important what you think.

Ok, here is the best way to fi the situation

DONT POST the PHOTOs.

You guys need to back off on the insanely critical minor, issues. Especially with a new member. cause under your conditions there isnt any rep that hits your standards. Dont crush someones fun. He probably would have never noticed the pearl. There are pearl debates as long as ive been here. if we do this, someone will [censored] over whatever rep is bought.

The rep is fantastic. It's a great watch. I hope you enjoy it for a long time.

I can see the t being annoying, but no one is gonna see it, except you and whomever your sleeping with. Def an issue if QC is not watch received.

The pearl is fine. At 10x your gonna see imperfections. Gens have imperfections to.

If you want perfection at 10x loop, get the gen. Welcome to the rep world man, sit back, relax, and enjoy plenty of good stuff here. My version of rule #1 it's not important what anyone else thinks of your watch, it's only important what you think.

You're absolutely right, Pho, at 10x magnification you can spot imperfections even on Vermeer's Girl With a Pearl Earring. The watch is fantastic in my opinion, but the discussion is great as well. I like the way a simple "how's my watch" turns out on these boards.

If we're talking about after purchase, then yes, members could curtail the critiquing a little, because you're right. The end user could feel bad about a purchase for no real reason.

QC pics though; the pearl is one thing, but what about the missing "T?" The only way the REP factories will make a better product is if you demand it. The pearl issue seems to be just recently fixed to anywhere near, "naked eye" test, not any form of magnification. The pictures shown on the forum sometimes are SO large, that you could be talking about 10x magnification levels right there. Levels that, depending on your age, may not even be visible to you. Yes, some of this stuff will never be seen by you or anyone else. Some will though, and it can drive you crazy!

To me, this OP is a little strange with the multiple different sets of pictures.

Edited by WetWork