When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Montauk Highway

Buddalondon

Hello All,

Hope you are all well.

Man you guys really know your stuff!

I have been watching for a while and I’m hooked bad!

First post - here goes.

The AP reps look amazing - they are so close to the gens it's hard to justify not getting one at the price!

After loads of reading and trying to choose one to start my new hobby with I opted for the V2 AP Diver - which by the time I’d made my mind up was out of stock everywhere. So after seeing some of the amazing pics of the Montauk from you fine people I decided to go for it and contacted Toro - nice bloke and great do deal with, answered all my many questions. I will definitely be ordering from him again.

I ordered the watch and it arrived in about 10 days – happy!

The watch is amazing! I’m so happy with this. Was a little worried post ordering that the colour was not really me but as I took the bubble wrap off I was sold!!!

Toro forgot to send me the QC pics before sending but I’ve got to say he really came through regardless. The watch is perfect – flawless imo. I will get a new strap – contacted Aaron already. The one it came with isn’t that bad – fits nice (I have large wrists) and been wearing it all day. It will do for the moment anyways but the HKTan will be the icing.

Keeping perfect time and no problems so far – apart from the amount of time my eyes are on it whilst I’m driving!!

I have been told by Toro mine was the last one out of 100 produced so already kind of a collectors piece.

I have tried to take some pics but they came out shocking!! I am trying to brush up on my technique and will update with some pics ASAP.

Thanks again to everyone for this forum and all the contributions made by its members.

You seem to have similar taste as I do... At the moment,

My favorite watches are the AP Diver V2, and the Montauk...

I was told by toro that the Montauk is sold out. Originally

they set the quantity to manufacture was 300. Except

the factory decided to make only 100!

From what Toro told me, that this is the end...no more

are going to be manufactured! Time will tell ;) If they

stick to 100 pcs. this watch will be a real collectors piece...

MM

You seem to have similar fast as I do... At the moment,

My favorite watches are the AP Diver V2, and the Montauk...

I was told by toro that the Montauk is sold out. Originally

they set the quantity to manufacture was 300. Except

the factory decided to make only 100!

From what Toro told me, that this is the end...no more

are going to be manufactured! Time will tell ;) If they

stick to 100 pcs. this watch will be a real collectors piece...

MM

Hi Mike

Thanks.

The diver will def be my next pick up for sure. I am trying to get one that's already been all modded but these have rarely come up for sale and when they do they're gone in a heartbeat :( . Maybe there will be a new version soon.

Yes Toro did say that that they were all gone now. With the gens and reps together there's 400 in all which is kind of cool - limited edition.

Rav

Yo Z,

Hi Mate you gud??

I was waiting for you're comment :) .

The side by sides you took when you first got the gen are what got me started.

I have to say thanks - the MH is really nice on. Comments everytime I wear it which is great since some of my friends have gens.

One of my friends has a gen rose gold pride of Mexico when he saw the MH he wanted a try - loved it and then asked if we could swap one weekend! :o.

The quality is very good and the colour really striking.

Still not decided on a strap yet - not enough hours in the day!

What are you looking at next??

Hey Rav

All good my friend , i see you finally came to your senses and got your self a ap mh, much better in real life then pics don't u agreee ?

as for starp wise .. go for the same as i have got choc brown with the aqua stitching trust me on this one speak to hktan .. or if your in london at any stage let me know ,as for my new project still waiting to get that one started .. but have added quiet a few more to the collection , im really loving the ap gp rp !! wow awesome in the wild !!!

Hey Rav

All good my friend , i see you finally came to your senses and got your self a ap mh, much better in real life then pics don't u agreee ?

as for starp wise .. go for the same as i have got choc brown with the aqua stitching trust me on this one speak to hktan .. or if your in london at any stage let me know ,as for my new project still waiting to get that one started .. but have added quiet a few more to the collection , im really loving the ap gp rp !! wow awesome in the wild !!!

Hey Zorro,

It really is much nicer in the flesh. I am keeping this one.

Spoken with HK who sent me some pics - was trying to buy one from a member who had one ready but that fell through :( .

I agree the darker one looks really cool - and very gen like.

Thanks - I live & work in London. Nice gesture - appreciated.

The GP is nice. I want either a diver or ap tour. This time though I want to get somthing already modded.

What are the new ones? Pics??

Regards as always

Rav

HI Rav

Let me know how you get on as i might have a gen mh strap for sale , i can show u some of the colour option let me as im in london to !!!

will be adding some new pics soon of the collection !!

Regards

Mr Z

Zorro - hope you're enjoying life and your Monty... actually your montyS.

I just got word back from TOROBRAVO they have no more MH's - gutted.

I paid a $300 deposit to hold one back in November when we were all talking about the hornback straps etc. but I guess I took too long to pay the balance. An email would've been nice to give me the option to scrape up the balance before selling out.

My new suit, 3 ties, 2 shirts and pair of cufflinks are all redundant now

:(

Edited by seriph

HI Rav

Let me know how you get on as i might have a gen mh strap for sale , i can show u some of the colour option let me as im in london to !!!

will be adding some new pics soon of the collection !!

Regards

Mr Z

Mr Z

You are a gent thanks.

Look forward to the pics.....then I'll pester you to sell me something lol!! :)

Not too sure about a gen strap - I have heard these are very expensive and would rather have another watch in the box than go all out.

Cheers though.

Rav

Mr Z

You are a gent thanks.

Look forward to the pics.....then I'll pester you to sell me something lol!! :)

Not too sure about a gen strap - I have heard these are very expensive and would rather have another watch in the box than go all out.

Cheers though.

Rav

I have the gen strap as well, and I can only say, no aftermarket strap beats it. They can get close though.

Z, why selling your gen strap? I think about selling my AP bands rubber white strap, will put it for sale soon.

Edited by edgematic1

Hi again guys .... just a heads-up about straps .... IF I eventually get an AP MH, I will be seriously looking at doing a small number of genuine (real, not AP) hornback straps ... ZORRO already knows about this and has sent me his rep strap for me to measure etc.

A BIG THANKS TO YOU AGAIN ZORRO

... anyway I am thinking of doing two style if this all comes through - a single and a double hornback.

have been checking out supplies of the skins in Australia and they are available for a price.

Haven't bothered looking for deployments yet as it is too early, but if anyone knows where I should look I'd love to hear back.

Colours: Leather can be dyed easily and I have a friend from many years back who was production manager for HOWE LEATHER. What he doesn't know about leather ain't worth knowing I imagine. So, it may be possible to do one or two custom coloured hornbacks as well

Stitching: I still have to look further into this aspect of the straps but I have located a synthetic thread that seems to be the right colour and weight. I even found a supplier of copper-look thread, which 'may' be a funky idea to suit the detail trims on the hands etc. the thread is metal, just not copper ... more like bronze. of course, actual thread that colour is available too as used in some baseball mittens etc.

I'd still love to get a couple more low-end straps to play with so if anyone wants to part with theirs I'd appreciate a PM.

.... anyway, as I said - this is all 'early days' and may not happen due to time constraints, but I will be happy to help out if things go the way I hope.

Edited by seriph

Zorro - hope you're enjoying life and your Monty... actually your montyS. I just got word back from TOROBRAVO they have no more MH's - gutted. I paid a $300 deposit to hold one back in November when we were all talking about the hornback straps etc. but I guess I took too long to pay the balance. An email would've been nice to give me the option to scrape up the balance before selling out. My new suit, 3 ties, 2 shirts and pair of cufflinks are all redundant now :(

Hey Seriph

Yes im loving my RG monty the most to be totally honest !! soryr to hear you missed out on joining the select club but im sure there will be 1 for sale at some stage in the rep sales room !!

Im sure the suits wont be redundant for to long . put them on ice !!

I have the gen strap as well, and I can only say, no aftermarket strap beats it. They can get close though.

Z, why selling your gen strap? I think about selling my AP bands rubber white strap, will put it for sale soon.

Ive order a new oem one so , would be selling my other gen strap !! but to be totally honest i really like the hktan one i have dark chocolate with the aqua stitching ,which is on my mh rg !!

Edited by zorrolondon

Hi again guys .... just a heads-up about straps .... IF I eventually get an AP MH, I will be seriously looking at doing a small number of genuine (real, not AP) hornback straps ... ZORRO already knows about this and has sent me his rep strap for me to measure etc.

A BIG THANKS TO YOU AGAIN ZORRO

.. your very welcome if u need anymore help pm , and also i would be interested in your and product .let me know what u have planned and if you are selling any ?

cheers

mr z