When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about new 088

MapsMoney

hey just received my Pam 088 from Andrew and was wondering a few things:

-- Why does only the seconds hand (small hand) move? I set the time correctly; Hours, minutes, and GMT. The seconds hand moves round and round but the other hands move very slowly.. i don't know why ? I set the time correctly and it's been 3 minutes alrdy and the minute hand has yet to move

What gives here ? DOA ? Rough shipping?

This is frustrating, i shook it around and gave it a palm slap and the minute hand started moving every 60 seconds, took it off and set it down for 5 mins.. look at it and realize it only moved 1 minute in 5..

What gives?

The second hands are spot on moving 60 seconds smoothly but the actual minute hand doesnt move after 60 seconds.. it stops randomly

such a nice watch i was super excited

hey just received my Pam 088 from Andrew and was wondering a few things:

-- Why does only the seconds hand (small hand) move? I set the time correctly; Hours, minutes, and GMT. The seconds hand moves round and round but the other hands move very slowly.. i don't know why ? I set the time correctly and it's been 3 minutes alrdy and the minute hand has yet to move

What gives here ? DOA ? Rough shipping?

So your watch is not working? Thats what Im getting here. if your min hand Is not moving while your sec hand is. I have never actually heard of this before..If Im understanding you correctly.

yeah i guess soo..

The second hand moves fine , The minute hand doesnt change

I shook it around a bit and it started moving actually after 60 seconds, but that was short lived.. it eventually stopped.. when it does move it takes longer then 60 seconds

Okay swivled it for 3 mins felt it moving while i was swivvling the watch.. I dont need to wind this rite?

It's best not to wind Asian movements by the crown. the Idea is to get the rotor to spin..so as to build up power through the main spring.

I would "gently" rotate or swivel the watch for a few minutes. If that dosent do it then try to have a local watch repair person look at It. if It's something serious...send it back to China town.

I would let Andrew know asap about your Issues.

Mike

Yes when i move it and swivel it i feel aomething inside moving, id assume thats the rotor? I feel/hear it moving but then the movent fizzles out after a while and i can hear it tick if i listen closely, seconds hand moves fine but nothing else does

Yea seems like a POS. im fairly [censored], i opened it up and it wasnt working at all, as i move it around i can feel like somethings moving on the inside but then it stops idk im a newb w these i figurw somwone here knowa what to do? Spent like 300$ for this so im fairly upset :/

Yea seems like a POS. im fairly [censored], i opened it up and it wasnt working at all, as i move it around i can feel like somethings moving on the inside but then it stops idk im a newb w these i figurw somwone here knowa what to do? Spent like 300$ for this so im fairly upset :/

The best part is that it went through a QC. It sounds to me like you took the car for service, there was no timing belt and they didn't notice. But I can understand how you feel. It's the disappointment and the frustration after what you went through until you got the package in your hands.

Edited by poretl

I just shook it around an set the time, kept rotatig in and placing it down--- it worked for about 5 mins then i stopped moving it around... 10 mins later its still stuck where it was... The seconds hand keeps moving without a hitch... Wtf can the problem be?

Okay guys, i wound it 40 times from the crown and gave it a big palm slap as per Andrew's suggestion.. swirled/swivled it around and tossed it on my wrist.. shits been keeping solid time every since.. im gonna wear it for a few hours and hopefully it holds a charge ... If not at least it's working now!

Can't say the same for my 005 :(

SPOKE TO SOON!! :( It was on my wrist keeping perfect time for a good 2 hours.. i guess i left my wrist sit idle for too long while browsing the web and sure enough, minute hand stopped moving...

why does this happen to me!! :(

Can anyone here recomend how to fix this

Pisses me off cuz i hear it ticking and the seconds hand is moving perfectly fine.. why would the minute hand just stop moving after a while? gurus help :D

I've similar problems with the 088

1. GMT hand is in a world of its own. Doesn't function alongside with the other hands

2. Power reserve is unstable sometimes 1 day sometimes less.

3. sometimes the watch just stops for an hour and starts on its own again.

4 Lume is green while on others its blue