When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch repair. No news is bad news!

ninjagaiden

Folks,

Please share my pain.

I have a very pretty Pyrolume aviator watch with an asian 6497 movement which has not worked smoothly since I got it last autumn. It finally gave up the ghost before Christmas so I took it into the local branch of my watch repair service. The guy says the movement is toast and I need a new one, so I get one from Fleabay as Pyrolume seems to not be trading.

I take the movement in before Christmas and he says he'll swap them over no problem.

I ring last week to check on progress and the phone keeps ringing. Got busy with work and forgot to try again.

I try again this week and still no answer. I ring their other branch a few miles away as the repair guy travels between three branches.

The lady who picks up the phone explains she is doing up the store at the moment as the watch repair shops went bankrupt. Very kindly she gives me the number of a liquidator who is dealing with the case.

I phone them up and give them the work number on my repair ticket. She says she will look through the materials they have for the store and try and find my watch. She warned me it would take a long time though, and she had no idea what state the watch would be in.

It's a shame as the guy was really friendly and I have taken watches in for resizing/ seals/ batteries for around 5 years now.

N

Folks,

Please share my pain.

I have a very pretty Pyrolume aviator watch with an asian 6497 movement which has not worked smoothly since I got it last autumn. It finally gave up the ghost before Christmas so I took it into the local branch of my watch repair service. The guy says the movement is toast and I need a new one, so I get one from Fleabay as Pyrolume seems to not be trading.

I take the movement in before Christmas and he says he'll swap them over no problem.

I ring last week to check on progress and the phone keeps ringing. Got busy with work and forgot to try again.

I try again this week and still no answer. I ring their other branch a few miles away as the repair guy travels between three branches.

The lady who picks up the phone explains she is doing up the store at the moment as the watch repair shops went bankrupt. Very kindly she gives me the number of a liquidator who is dealing with the case.

I phone them up and give them the work number on my repair ticket. She says she will look through the materials they have for the store and try and find my watch. She warned me it would take a long time though, and she had no idea what state the watch would be in.

It's a shame as the guy was really friendly and I have taken watches in for resizing/ seals/ batteries for around 5 years now.

N

Blows - it's very odd though, bankruptcy usually doesn't work like that though unless it's a huge business. And dont take any sh/t from the receiver. That watch is not an asset, he held it in trust or as your agent. The bankruptcy court has no hold over it. I'd march my ass down to the receivers office and demand it back immediately. Also, your dude still needs a job. Find out where he is working and talk to him about your watch, what it's status is and where it is.:)