When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SIHH 2012 : PAM 438 Tuttonero

mocha

Besides experimenting with gold, Panerai also introduced an all-black GMT matte ceramic watch with the PAM 438 that's been christened Tuttonero. It's the first time they've used ceramic to construct a bracelet and the blackout-look extends all the way to the movement which also has a power reserve indication, visible via the sapphire see-through caseback. The ceramic used is a synthetic material that's five times harder than stainless steel and is scratch-resistant. There is also a strap version which is PAM 441.

post-2982-0-11120100-1327928621.jpg

post-2982-0-23106900-1327928806.jpg

post-2982-0-70798500-1327928813.jpg

post-2982-0-44544900-1327928822.jpg

post-2982-0-90660700-1327928983.jpg

post-2982-0-83957900-1327928996.jpg

I'm wondering if they are at work for these models, I asked a dealer and he told me maybe 3-4 months. Does anyone have news about 2012 model rep expected release? This would be a very useful info for who plans to buy the next PAM rep..thanks

Now they need to DLC a 329L, put a 359 dial and we have the rep....

yeah, the hybrid of these 2 models will make a potential rep. Maybe that was how the manufacture did it too.. :)

I'm wondering if they are at work for these models, I asked a dealer and he told me maybe 3-4 months. Does anyone have news about 2012 model rep expected release? This would be a very useful info for who plans to buy the next PAM rep..thanks

I read at some website that it is suppose to be available Oct'12 (might be subjective to countries) with retail price of about USD$12k. I will check out the local AD too if I happen to pass by.

is it simply a 2nd 12hr hand that is independently settable?

Yes, and it's up to you to remember if the country you set your second time zone to is behind or ahead of your own.

Here in Taiwan, my watch reads (yes, I taught it to read) 9:15 but my GMT hand is set to just after 5 as it's 5:15 in Vancouver, Canada.

But it's 9:15am Wed here and 5:15pm Tues there!

On some watches you can hide the GMT hand by setting it directly behind the hour hand, as they rotate at the same speed

I think it's gorgeous!

except for the word ceramic on the dial... it's like putting a Turbo sticker on a car, just not necessary

Unfortunately, any rep is going to have the GLARINGLY obvious tell of the crappy rep movement

I realised that too and not sure :g: why there is a need to do that, since it is so obvious :)

Ya, if they feel the need to put something, why not come up with a cool symbol or something.... maybe just a C with a cirle around it

Or even the Italian for ceramic - ceramico - is much cooler

The Italian for ceramic is CERAMICA not ceramic-o , ...that would nice too... I think tuttonero is very cool name too, but is used on a lot of models to indicate pvd models...

Hope factories are already at works for this baby.