When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cool... my 390 actually has a brown dial and now a better <acronym title='Crown Guard'>CG</acronym> pin...

projectologist

Just leaving the studio for the day and when I stepped into the late afternoon slightly overcast Cali sun I noticed it really emphasized the brown-nicity of the dial and vinty lume. Most of the daylight hours are a much cooler light temperature that turns auto set WB's toward blue, but when evening approaches the light temperature warms up considerably and my iPhone's WB delivered.

In-person it was a much deeper brown, but in the pic it's lighter due to the non-AR side of the xtal reflexting a bit of the hazy sky. I wish the dial and lume looked like this the rest of the day... most of the day it looks like the second pic :(

Also, I fixed the CG pin. Most of the H factory CG pins are ever so slightly rounded and screams rep for those of us afflicated. I popped it out, chucked it up in my pin vise and proceeded to flatten it with progessive grits and a final polish. Now it's dead flat with a mirror finish and re-installed just slightly below flush with the top surface. I is happy now :)

brndial01.jpg

390oo.jpg

that is awesome, could you let me know where you got the strap from?

Most AD's (where I got mine) and the Boutiques stock them as they are part of the regular catalog now. MSRP for the 24mm version is $230 usd (same as the calf straps). May be a small price increase in April.

did you replaced the hold CG with one of LH's latest??

No, it is the CG that came with it. I sharpened up the inside corners, then flattened and polished the lever pin as described in my OP. The H factory CG's are so easy to work on...

390ccc-1.jpg