When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage crown help

theapexseal

Hi guys, I'm a bit confused with the vintage sub crowns and was trying to get some feedback from everybody here. I was under the impression that only the 700 crowns didnt have triplock dots under the crown but I've seen a number of vendors on the bay claiming to sell 702 crowns without any dots. At first I just assumed that the vendors had maken a mistake but now Ive noticed it repeated quite often. Is this true?

Also what is the timeframe or Serial number range for each model (700, 702, 703)?

Each model has its own specific tube as well correct? So if I source a 702 crown I will need a 7020 tube right?

Thanks in advace!

Thank you Freddy for your response..so as per above ALL the 702 crowns had dots?

For example the following pics came off 2 separate auctions on the Bay from two separate sellers. Both listed at very reasonable prices and both claiming to sell Rolex Gen 702 crowns...neither of them has dots. Are these crowns Gen? Are the sellers confused with the 700?

crown1.jpg

crown2.jpg

crown3.jpg

crown4.jpg

crown5.jpg

crown6.jpg

OK Got it!..So just purchased the first of the two 700 crowns. Now to source a tube for it!

Thanks again guys!

I remember a while back - when souring parts for my 7032 build - that the 24-7000 tubes were very rare and priced accordingly. But if i am not mistaken there are aftermarket tubes available nowadays?

Edit: Yuki has aftermarket tubes for it here.

Edited by modelizer