When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What did I buy today?

FloridaSam

I hit a pawn shop today and came home with what I assume is some mish mash of a Fantasy Panerai? Sandwhich dial, polished older style crown guard, older type movement and a bracelet. I immediately put a strap on it as I KNOW the bracelet isn't correct for anything remotely resembeling this. So...is this worth investing in a solid caseback...did a sandwich dial ever have a polished crown guard? I probably over paid at $200 out the door but it is a pretty watch, it had the bracelet which is pretty decent quality and this shop gives me a 30 day money back return policy so I took a cance. Any idea who sold something like this? I know a lot of questions but this one is stumping me.

2igg5r7.jpg

205a3cy.jpg

This is a very old rep. E means it's early 2005 although sandwich dials reps were introduced probably in 3rd quarter of 2005, so it's hard for me to pin point the actual month, which does not matter anyway. The movement is Swiss 17K.

This is how bad crowns were in 2005 and 2006. I forgot how the looked.

if you get a new crown and CG for it, it is a pretty decent rep and if you service the movement it will run for years and years.

Old rep, yet it still holds up. Looks like a swiss movt. that are really hard to find. You did well Son.