When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

the ultimat toolwatch - 5513 final version ;-)

Star69

little update on the bracelet front -

meanwhile i got the Agnus/Puretime version -

i wear the watch most on the time on Nato - but the Puretime bracelet is my fave - her are some pics :

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0227-1.jpg

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

VS SELs :

IMG_0257.jpg

the weak point is the clasp - sadly gen price went crazy :(

cheers,

Frank

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Frank.

I found a DJ yesterday with a recent serviced 1570 yesterday for 1300$ I was thinking about.

there was/is a DJ for 850 Euro on VRF - if you sell of the case its a good deal - but i would use this movement for something with a date ;)

A 5513 with applied markers can not be a 'toolwatch' and here's why:

You may call him Ishmael...

Ishmael is cruising around 'The Trench' in his $900 million miniature atomic submarine (he won the lottery) when all of a sudden a few rivets Pop! out and the thing implodes.

A submarine imploding is real bad but No Worry! because this over pressurizes the cabin and blows the top hatch open and Ishmael is blasted out like a high speed tor-pe-do.

This all sounds pretty bad but No Worry! because a giant whale (even bigger than Moby's [censored]!) was taking a nap close by and when the submarine imploded, it woke the whale up and at the exact second when he looked down and opened his mouth to say "What the He..?"...Ishmael shot straight out of the submarine and down his throat.

Being in a whale's belley is pretty bad but No Worry! because Ishmael always carries a 27 bulb titanium LED flashlight (he used to be a cop) and he will find a way out.

After looking around in the whale's belly he decides to gather his whale belly findings in a pile and see if he might have something to help make an escape (including a like new 16610, a Norelco electric razor, and one big, round, gold ear ring).

(the 16610 is nowhere near as classy as Ishmael's 5513 although the razor is pretty nice)

Ishmael also found a couple emergency flares and decided to light them off and see what happens.

Nothing.

For a while.

Then the whale Burps! like a 70mm blunderbuss going off and he shoots out of the whale's mouth straight up into the air hundreds of feet. This is scary all right but No Worry! because about this time an old biplane is flying by pulliing a ratty 'Eat at Bimbo's' banner and Ishmael lands on the top wing. :plane:

Things are definitely looking up!

Sorta.

The extra weight causes the plane to lose altitude at a scary rate but No Worry! because the pilot turned around and headed toward land.

It ain't all sunshine and ta tas though because now the plane is going into a shallow dive and headed for the rocks!

No Worry! though because the plane is not far from a group of pleasure boats anchored off the shore and surely someone will see Ishmael and rescue him as soon as he Hits! the water.

But he does not Hit! the water.

He fell off not long after the plane made the turn.

No Worry! though because he hit on a big, supertight canvas top stretched over one of the pleasure boats and was again shot up into the sky.

This is really not looking a whole lot better.

No Worry! because Ishmael landed right on the edge of a boat dock on a stack of puffed up rental air mattresses!

Well...it's been an all around Lucky Day! for Ishmael (the submarine was insured), so...No Worries!

Except for one...when Ishmael glanced down at his trusty 5513 to see what time it is, he noticed that the applied marker at 12 noon came off and was bouncing around under the crystal.

A printed marker might have saved the day. :fireman:

All BS aside...I like your watch! :thumbs:

... and Nato straps.

All BS aside...I like your watch! :thumbs:

... and Nato straps.

you maybe right with your story ;)

just saw this watch on vrf - the painted markers survived - but not all of the Tritium :)

UZH7r.jpg

nLAIB.jpg

cheers,

Frank