When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SA3135 in Sean Case

fidhle007

The first dial Sean sent was too big. As soon as I told him he shipped out a second at no charge.

I am using a custom stilty spacer with a gen date wheel (used as an overlay) with my 2892.

Hands are BK SL eta hands for now, but I am going to have the cannon pinion machined and installing gen hands in the near future.

Edited by its_urabus

SA3135 build costs more or less as much as a 2892 one.

pros: straight fit into the case, no need of spacer ring, no dw overlay and you don't have to cut the gen dial feet. And if you're lucky you receive one that accepts gen hands&dw.

cons: reliability not tested yet, no spare parts if it breaks, very few watchmaker can service this mov. ETA 2892 is probably the best eta mov available, every wm can service and repair it.

Edited by w.genzo

So in the last few days I've had trouble with my SA3135 hands falling off, mostly the minute hand. I was ready to flip out and sell it, send it back, something until I had an epiphany: Gen hands don't fit because they're too small. I tried them and THEY WORKED! It took a little more effort to get them seated then the original hands but this is supposed to be a tool watch, I want the hands to stay in place when I fall off of something I shouldn't have been climbing in the first place.

The result:

422792_596713175595_74401459_31801063_862071078_n.jpg

So in the last few days I've had trouble with my SA3135 hands falling off, mostly the minute hand. I was ready to flip out and sell it, send it back, something until I had an epiphany: Gen hands don't fit because they're too small. I tried them and THEY WORKED! It took a little more effort to get them seated then the original hands but this is supposed to be a tool watch, I want the hands to stay in place when I fall off of something I shouldn't have been climbing in the first place.

The result:

422792_596713175595_74401459_31801063_862071078_n.jpg

so, are you saying you mounted gen hands with a bit of force?

looks good, is this seans case or TCs?

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee