When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help copy daytona 6263 asian 7750 or manual movement?

chevall

The genuine 6263 (and all 62xx series Daytonas) is a hand-wind watch. The 7750 is an automatic movement, but a watchmaker can disable the auto-wind function for you. I do not know what type of manual-wind movement is offered by the website you visited, so I cannot tell you if it is better than the 7750. However, many reps come with Seagull hand-wind movements, which are very good quality (if it is properly serviced by a professional watchmaker).

On these Chinses Seagull/Venus the 6 register is not frozen, the 6 register doesn't exist, these movements are bi-compax.

I have had these kind of Daytona for servicing... the 6 register hand was glued with rodico... very professional, lol,

Personally, (imho) I prefer to go with a 7750, even if there is a 0.6mm subdial spacing difference, the 7750 has the same fonctions as the 72/727 series : minutes and hours counter are operational.

For me, a Daytona copy has to work like the gen model, chronos has to be working for use, watch has to be alive, not frozen for apparence, I don't like carnaval or parade watches

just my philosophy