When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

More Self Serving Management from Flea-Bay

OldCorvette

flEaBAY has long garnered a permanent spot on my dart board. I suppose it's because they are so in your face about getting into your wallet.. unapologetic and aggressive from my viewpoint. Most of the descisions I see them make seem only aimed at serving themselves, lining their own pockets, and being giagantic pains in the ass to anyone selling there.

So when I listed some expensive gen sunglasses 2 days ago on the Bay imagine my surprise when they told me "you cannot list certain items in the 3 day format anymore.. you must list them for 5 days" .. WTF????

How long before it's a 10 day minimum?

[censored] ...

If they allowed 1 day auctions they'd have more viewership... immediate sale for the seller and buyers would hit it up more often in surfing because of the new product

available for sale that day... it would liven it up. Not that I want that.. I want some serious competition to come along and blow them the Hell out of the water.

i sold on ebay for years as a full time job, then from around 2008 it started to go downhill for sellers....they turned the site more into a shopping outlet as apposed to its original idea of auctions...as a result now ive moved my business to websites, free ads, fares and bootsales etc-instant cash in hand and no stupid fees to deal with...at one point for every 100 quid or so i was making on ebay i was paying out around 20 quid in fees, not to mention tax at the end of every year...

ebay should go back to their roots and lean more towards private sellers with auction style listings leading the way instead of leading stores having "ebay outlets" to bump theirs sales and revenue...i meen in the uk, argos has a very succesful website along with a massive chain of stores-so why the hell does it need to be on ebay too???

all ebay want is you money, the stupid rules they have thought up in regards to seller fees, free postage on certain items, paypal taking a cut for accepting payments, minimum listing days etc puts many a seller off-unless your selling thousands a month in which case they will welcome you with open arms...

If I were setting up an auction site the buying would be immediate payment only.. Individuals aren't stores with layaway departments.Who wants to chase or wait for their money or deal with a douche that's wanting to pay you when his paycheck comes in 2 weeks? Feedback would be like the old days when you could say " shipped late or got screwed" if that happened. Communication would be strictly through PM's on the site to eliminate the Feedback Blackmail that some of the toads engaged in.

Auction format would be wide open.. want a 24 hour auction? .. no problem.. Auctions could be from 1 to 30 days. Buy it Now wide open with no extra fee to include it. Set selling fees instead of percentage. Dedicated escrow department and personel to handle disputes... Auction personel you could ship items to for examination and fair resolution.

There's a dozen other things I would include as well.. I'd be tough on those who didn't describe acurately or deal fairly- the whole market depends on being able to do business long distance safely.. without loosing as buyer or seller.

I've been selling on eBay since 2001. I hate what eBay has become. I couldn't agree with you more. They took a great thing and made it suck. It seems like no one can leave a good thing alone anymore. Something becomes good...then some $hithead thinks he has to make more money off it...then he alters it..then it sucks. It happens over and over and over.

i mean seriously...how much F'ing money does eBay have to make? They make a bazillion dollars every minute. And for what? Some server space and sub-par customer service? It's ridiculous!

But they've got the market. All of the market. So what they say goes.

Sometimes I imagine the last scene in 'Fight Club' where they blow up all the credit buildings, and I think..."that's coming someday soon..."