When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Po 42mm with intermittent movement need advice!

sgtguk

Hi All,

I've had my Po for a few months now and love it, but couple nights ago I noticed that it was losing time badly like 2-3 hrs a day! So I reset the time and placed it back into the winder, the next day it had stopped.

Picked it up and bugger me it started up fine so I popped the crown and wound it up, at this stage my crown is feeling a little resistance and is a bit (only a bit noisy) :g: Anyway I reset the date and wound in the crown, it then worked for all of 5mins then stopped again arrrgghhh :huh:

So I had a quick look at the movement (asian 4813) and who am i kidding I know nothing about what I am looking at :inverted: but I can see that every 30 secs or so the movement will stop as if it's catching something, I lubed all the jewels that I can see with a quality oil but it's no better.

After seeing Ryan's work with his keyless works issues I figured i'd have a go myself, so I have stripped the movement out (not too bad to do for a noob) to try to get a better look at it, now before I go any further can I get some advice either way please as I need to get some hand removers first to go any further!

Does it sound like I have a faulty keyless works on this or could it be something else? I know its hard to say without pics etc but you need to see it moving ideally.

I have done a short vid but not sure yet how to upload it, here goes.. :inverted:

4813 movements are cheap as chips...when mine died i just bought another and popped it in...the movement i had in mine originally lasted only 2 months, the one i replaced it with from cousinsuk has been going strong and keeping great time for over 9 months now.

Yeah not worth the effort, just buy an asian clone eta if you want to do a swap or any mods down the line. The dg4814 is great out of the box, but a movement swap is about as far as modding should go with it! It's doable as jkay said but the chance of f*&%ing things up is higher due to the other work arounds!

open the back. Remove the stem, and crown. release the movement clamps. carefully drop the movement, with dial attached into your hand. Remove the hands. remove the dial by releasing the dial fixing clamps. reverse this is to install the new movement.

You will need good quality jewelers screwdrivers, hands pulling tools, hands pressing tools and a way to unscrew the case back and some silicone grease to lubricate the O-ring before you attach the case back.

If you are uncomfortable with the idea of man-handling something as delicate as the hands of a watch, then please have someone qualified do this.

cheera for the input guide. the reason I was asking for a 4813 specific guide is because iv never done anything like this before, and yes I know I should probably get someone else to do it but I really wanna learn myself so I can do more and more

myself in the future..... I'm well aware of the risks which is why I'm starting on a 4813 and not 2824 Swiss!

I'm really hoping to find a knackered 4813 to practice on but I haven't been able to find one so I'm just gonna get a upo 4813 and if it ever breaks iv got my wish! if not then iv god a nice reliable one tht I can't complain about!

if I ever come round to replacing it and do my best to make some sort of tutorial to help contribute back to the forum :)