When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16610 advice please, TC or BK?

danza1812

TC is a member here and not a trusted dealer (not saying he's untrustworthy) and to me a gen crystal is way more clear and if you get one with the etched coronet you don't have to worry about it being to "loud" also it's more convincing IMHO if you use a gen service 25-295c with the side ways S which means its a service crystal (I had bk install one on my TW best) hope this helps

TC is a member here and not a trusted dealer (not saying he's untrustworthy) and to me a gen crystal is way more clear and if you get one with the etched coronet you don't have to worry about it being to "loud" also it's more convincing IMHO if you use a gen service 25-295c with the side ways S which means its a service crystal (I had bk install one on my TW best) hope this helps

Thanks iRolexU!

That clears up and I guess I'll go with gen crystal then.

:)

Well In the end I plumped for the TC

d518f0b5.jpg

Thanks to a fantastic forum member this bad boy landed 2 days later. Before I've even got a reply from TC himself!

I won't be wearing it in its full glory until I install gen crystal and bezel insert but that won't be long.

The first thing to strike me about the TC sub is the sheen on the bracelet and gen feel of the bracelet (hollow). The engraved rehaut isn't too bad either it's really quite subtle on the wrist.

Very nice.

"".............also it's more convincing IMHO if you use a gen service 25-295c with the side ways S which means its a service crystal.................""

Now where have I heard that before??

I agree...as the "service" crystal is what you'll get from a RSC if they change it out during a service.

"".............also it's more convincing IMHO if you use a gen service 25-295c with the side ways S which means its a service crystal.................""

Now where have I heard that before??

I agree...as the "service" crystal is what you'll get from a RSC if they change it out during a service.

What sort of money are the serviced crystals mate and is there any where you could buy them from? Ie cousins uk ect

Cheers

Ry