When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DG3804 GMT movement low power reserve

DickBrowne

Chaps,

I have a DG3804 movement, which I think is pretty much just a 2813 with a GMT gear driving off the calendar.

If I hand wind it, no problems, there's a straight 40 hour reserve, when on the wrist, regardless of how much time it's worn for, the power reserve is around 12 hours. The issue has only recently emerged

Does anybody have any ideas what may be causing the issue?

Regards

Richard

Dis isn't usually da big problem and stiff vill try to help you!

1. Have you:

a. had a birthday within da past year?

b. ever been seen in da "fast food" joint?

c. watched more than one season of da TV sitcom?

d. ever had to buy larger sized clothes?

2. Do you have:

a. da couch, sofa, davenport, recliner or simlar furniture?

b. more than one remote control?

c. more than one auto?

e. a bicycle - with da oxidized chain?

If you have answered ja to more than two (2) of da above, da uhren must be placed on da automatic winder and tested fur da gangreserve!

sm iiH!

Stiff - I must confess I can answer "ja" to all except 2e - my bicycles are very well maintained, but do spend time transporting me from sofa to fast food restaurant. Possibly a part of the problem you think?

Vielen danke, Mein Herr, but I do feel a watch issue is more likely than anything else, but you did cheer me up anyway :)

Vielen danke, Mein Herr, but I do feel a watch issue is more likely than anything else, but you did cheer me up anyway :)

In Germany some would guess you got a government job in which you might sleep well in the office so the watch doesn't get kicked around to wind. Did you try it on a winder? ;)

Dee

Stiff - I must confess I can answer "ja" to all except 2e - my bicycles are very well maintained, but do spend time transporting me from sofa to fast food restaurant. Possibly a part of the problem you think? Vielen danke, Mein Herr, but I do feel a watch issue is more likely than anything else, but you did cheer me up anyway :)

stiff has been pouring over da Hangzhou technical service bulletins for da past 24 hours. Of course stiff speaks (nor reads) no Cantonese!

Does dis look familiar 'Herr Seiko'? Dirt & cracked hole jewel? Maybe hygene? Maybe da bad point on da ratchet yoke?

Vat do you think?

sm iiH!

post-30205-0-64898100-1331088422.jpg

Good evening my German and American friends :) Yes, it could be the job which is at fault, I work with software so not much movement there, but it also happens on non-work days when the watch gets plenty of exercise.

Hygiene could be an idea, it's not a winding claw like the Seiko (Yep, seen some of those before SM :)) it's a series (three or four) of wheels, lots of opportunity for contamination and also friction, so that's where I'm concentrating at the moment.

Of course, being a DG movement the winding/gear train bridge is horrible to get back together, so taking it apart is always a leap of faith.

Thanks

Richard

Good evening my German and American friends :) Yes, it could be the job which is at fault, I work with software so not much movement there, but it also happens on non-work days when the watch gets plenty of exercise.

Without the non-work days I would have suggested to either switch the mouse to the left or the watch to the right hand as I'm from a business software company myself :fool::cc_hang::bangin:

But like this I would just +1 the 800 spins (to be on the safe side as you don't know the direction in which the rotor winds do it 800 times for each direction :partytime: ) or manual wind until fully wound and record the time then...

Dee

. . . . . . it's a series (three or four) of wheels, lots of opportunity for contamination and also friction, so that's where I'm concentrating at the moment. Of course, being a DG movement the winding/gear train bridge is horrible to get back together, so taking it apart is always a leap of faith. Thanks Richard

Took stiff longer to attach da rotor than to set da bridge. (stiff just kind of shook it and it all fell together?)

Dat little dodad in the lower left ist part of the gear reduction and engages da click with da funny teeth on bottom? Has a fixed wheel on top and da free wheeling one on bottom and some sort of ratchet function? in between. stiff thinks dis may be problematic.

It's da shame. Wid a little more design effort dis could have been da decent calibre.

sm iiH!

(no need to cngratulate stiff on da fine fotography)

post-30205-0-84215300-1331664117.jpg