When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Getting my first Panerai

Lovecraft

I'm getting my first Panerai and I've decided on a 111. Right now I'm leaning towards this:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_49&products_id=9172

I also saw this:

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_49&products_id=7704

I don't really know much about Panerais - yet, and I don't know the letter differences in the 111. Do any of you have any opinions of what I should get or what I should avoid? Is the first link/watch a solid choice?

First one is a solid choice, but if you want the best accuracy you might consider a steel caseback, as the movement finish is not on par with gen Panerais. If i were you I would choose exactly the same dial layout with a steel caseback, get it with the rubber strap und order a nice custom hornback so you can switch between the two.

Thanks!

Well, it's fairly important with accuracy but I do think the Panerai movements are beautiful. Is it so off that it's disturbing? :) Most of the time it will be facing down as well. Hmm... Maybe it would be possible to buy a solid CB on top?

I was planning on getting the rubber strap and getting an extra leather strap anyway. Haven't decided on if I want a deployment clap or not.