When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recurring Panerai fever.

asciwhite

Just a small rant!

When I first started here I bought a 127 & a 104 back in 2009. Did not like them very much because I thought they where too big. Rollies was my game, and was before I ever came here.

But now the bug has bitten me again.... With the release of the 1950 3 day series, the fever has started again. And the 44mm has grown on me.

First I bought a 236K because of the new 7753 movements (love it, wearing it now) then I wanted the 359M because the dial spoke to me :) Still waiting for it to be delivered. And THEN I found the 351 with the brown dial and titanium case, and decided I needed that one too (AAAARGH) ordered that last night.

Then I went on a strap spree.......... 2 Malio straps 1 Historic & one Classic. One Paneray hornback, One C&B Flottiglia X-M.A.S e.t.c

Now my rollies get very little attention. But it might change again in the future :)

Panerai fever is EXPENSIVE. I am happy I am not a very wealthy man because GEN Pan fever would be hard... The good thing about reps is that you are not limited to buying just one.

Loving this one! Ambivalent about the SS strap though, its nice but......

post-21269-0-72596500-1330447249.jpg

Waitng for this.

post-21269-0-88480100-1330447315.jpg

And this :wub:

post-21269-0-30482500-1330447360.jpg

• Like 1

If only they could make a good P.9000 movement replica...

I love them too but its hard to wear them knowing that turning them upside down will ruin whatever good the rest of the replica is. Even the pretty good, Panerai like plated and engraved, 6497 has obvious tells for the ones looking for them.

Good to hear you've returned to the dark side, the more the merrier. The 1950 44mm cases are really unique and much more interesting than many PAMs IMHO. But they are big and heavy. The 351 should be a winner if its lighter. My 312 is one of my current favourites and on heavy rotation. People moaning about the movement makes me laugh , I might spend 1 percent of my time looking at the watches underside , it irrelevant at the end of the day. Enjoy your new purchases

ST4