When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Case Comparison (etaswiss vs. TC)

omgiv

I've did some looking and asking around.

Based on my findings I'd say if I were going to build a Super Franken, non-holed 16610 using a gen mvt and dial I'd opt for a Sean case with gen bezel assembly.

While a gen dial will fit the TC case, it seems the dial opening in the sean case is exact for the gen dial. (that makes for an easier install and a more secure dial)

It's safe to say that if you're going with a gen mvt. you'd go all gen everything with the exception of the mid case.

Expensive build (no doubt) but it would certainly be a one of a kind and it sounds like a very fun and gratifying project.

To me a build like that with everything gen but the case would essentially BE a gen.

But that's just what I would do.....IF I could afford to....which I can't. :(

A build like that would mean more to me than any gen I could buy.

It's all about the journey, my Brother......not the destination (though the destination "would" be very rewarding. :)

Please do keep us posted on your choice and progress.

Swap in an SA3135 and you've described my sean case build. You have the same opinion I do, Sean case for gen or gen-sized dial and movement, TC case for great-looking rep stuff.

Dan, you need a gen crown and tube as well. Also, the TC v3 bracelet fits very very tightly on the Sean case, but it does fit ;)

I assume you had the gen retaining ring as well, if not you may have to machine the Sean one as it is a red c*nt hair too tall. You will be surprised how good the Sean bezel is. And if you don't use it I know there are many members that will take it off your hands.

Lastly, check the model number on your Sean case. I told him it should read 16610T not just 16610 and he was going to fix it.

Good to see another Sean build. Mine is up at the spa getting some service, but will be glued to my wrist when she returns I am sure.

Dan, you need a gen crown and tube as well. Also, the TC v3 bracelet fits very very tightly on the Sean case, but it does fit ;)

I assume you had the gen retaining ring as well, if not you may have to machine the Sean one as it is a red c*nt hair too tall. You will be surprised how good the Sean bezel is. And if you don't use it I know there are many members that will take it off your hands.

Lastly, check the model number on your Sean case. I told him it should read 16610T not just 16610 and he was going to fix it.

Good to see another Sean build. Mine is up at the spa getting some service, but will be glued to my wrist when she returns I am sure.

where can we get the retaining ring for gen 3135 movement for Sean case and where did you send your watch for assembly/spa services if you care to share?

It might fit in some cases, but Sean's case tolerances are tight and I know that the 3135 fits perfectly. Let us know if you get one to fit..

Diameter = 28.5mm

Casing diameter = 28.1mm

Height = 6mm

Diameter = 28.5mm

Casing diameter = 28.1mm

Height = 6.15mm

Edited by its_urabus