When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Case Comparison (etaswiss vs. TC)

omgiv

I made a discovery recently once I had a chance to get a TC and a Sean case side by side: The lug ends are wrong on the TC case. They should be square like the Sean case on cases without lugholes and the tapered style that the TC uses would be correct for a lughole/93150 watch.

Does your Sean have the over beveled edges? Its starting to bug me as well as the fact that some have said it fits a gen 93250 perfectly some say it doesnt... arghhh rep life!!

I never really noticed the difference between the way the end of the lugs are finished, but you are right. The Sean case is definitely different from the TC. Do you have any pictures of a genuine non lug hole case? I don't have any in my library to compare but I did find a couple on eBay. These are from two different Z serial Submariners. The look like they are tapered to me. Or it could just be the angle of the picture. I also looked at my genuine non lug hole Sea-Dweller and the lugs are tapered on it as well. Good to see this thread still going :)

DSC03629.jpg

DSC03627.jpg

DSC02685.jpg

DSC02683.jpg

The startime case needs a bezel assembly. So add a bit more to the mix. Overall everything fits like gen. The crown tube has the proper step for the tube's oring as well. Case back is correct and fits the tool's teeth perfectly. However, I had to open up the lug holes just a little bit as they did fit the gen bars, but not to my liking. I softened the corners because I wanted a 16800 build. This is of course for the 3035 case they advertise. I haven't purchased the 3135.

DSC_0003-17.jpg

3ED07F2B-E0FF-40EB-BBBC-7D1F8F74BF81-5591-00000312BC3A6479.jpg

IMG_2201.jpg

IMG_2203.jpg

That is what I was looking for Dan. I plan on building a 16800 with this eventually. I wanted the look of a watch that has been used and serviced and polished and abused. The case as it comes is more like this(I can't seem to find my original pictures anywhere):

Picture courtesy of the OG supplier.

casereplacement.jpg

I just find it completely hypocritical for ST to trip out about their cases being used in rep projects when it can be pegged as a rep case even though it's not marked its definitely replicating the deminsions spot on...on the contrary I'd love to get one and have someone put the correct engravings on it :)

Spending 1100.00 on a fake case is just not acceptable IMO I'm sure if you were really patient you could get a gen case for not that much more..

I've been patient and watched the rolex forums and auctions and never seen a gen 16610 case go for less than 2200$ over the last year and a half.

If someone does better than that it would be due to connections or a buddy.

Although I have not seen Phongs 16610 in person, if it's like his 1665 and 5514 cases...it's probably a level higher than the ones we are discussing here.