When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Super Avenger Blacksteel?

smc

Hey all. My skyland blacksteel v2 has been my beater workhorse (including scuba diving lol) but it finally gave up and i'm looking to upgrade. The DLC coating is wearing slightly on the sharp edges of the lugs and bezel but still doesn't look bad. Quite surprising!

Has anyone done a review on the new SA blacksteel? It's kinda tempting. Water resistance would be a must for me though.

Also, does anyone know the model number of the asian 7750? there's an importing company near me (ontario canada) that has an asian watch movement catalog but I have no idea what model I should order because it doesn't list them as "asian 7750 clones put in reps" lmao

oh btw the movement would be like $70 canadian or so if i can chose the right one.

Thanks,

smc

I'm also interested in a review. I've a blacksteel skyland avenger. But it's a little bit small for my wrist... So a blacksteel super avenger will be a great replacement. I'm a little bit worried about the bezel (the clicks) and the lume of the dial and the bezel. And ofcourse water resistant.

Hey all. My skyland blacksteel v2 has been my beater workhorse (including scuba diving lol) but it finally gave up and i'm looking to upgrade. The DLC coating is wearing slightly on the sharp edges of the lugs and bezel but still doesn't look bad. Quite surprising!

Has anyone done a review on the new SA blacksteel? It's kinda tempting. Water resistance would be a must for me though.

Also, does anyone know the model number of the asian 7750? there's an importing company near me (ontario canada) that has an asian watch movement catalog but I have no idea what model I should order because it doesn't list them as "asian 7750 clones put in reps" lmao

oh btw the movement would be like $70 canadian or so if i can chose the right one.

Thanks,

smc

I owned the gen the first SABS was made from,wasnt impressed with either...LOL.

Novelty watch.

just received the new SA BS, quality is great, water resistance tested from dealer with pics I´ve got and lume is outstanding, best rep lume I ever saw, better than my DSN panerai. bezel is nice and firm, DLC is great. If you are ultra picky you might say the numbers could be a little crisper, as the rep numbers are pressed, gen seems to be cut and glued. for AR I don´t know the gen too well, but when comparing to my hublot king the ar is a little weaker, but good none the less.

other than that I can´t find flaws, really nice watch and more casual than my regular SA.

What I don't understand is why the rep manufacturers can't make the bezel work the same as the gen. Am I missing something? Seems like a pretty easy proposition to me.

I'm starting to believe they always leave out a few details so that we constantly buy upgraded versions.