When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TW best has landed from BK!

irolexu

So I just got back my TW and thought I'd show the amazing potential this watch has for anyone out there looking to go GEN PARTS on this bad boy. First thing that struck me was just how amazing a genuine crystal actually looks on this watch, just absolutely amazing not to mention perfect date mag and super clear! Also the pearl issue is fixed because the gen insert just matches in perfect harmony with the crystal. I strongly recommend anyone who has a TW that is thinking of putting parts on it to DO IT! its superb and you really cant beat the quality genuine parts bring to the watch. Tested the WR in the shower which it passed with flying colors! anyways i'll let a few pics do the rest of the work here!!

post-38265-0-78155200-1331149878.jpg

post-38265-0-25097700-1331149954.jpg

post-38265-0-01730400-1331149991.jpg

post-38265-0-24930200-1331150127.jpg

post-38265-0-83643700-1331150229.jpg

post-38265-0-80760900-1331150353.jpg

post-38265-0-83898100-1331150416.jpg

I've got my BK TW sub on the way. I'm in about week 8. If you don't mind me asking (and even if you do) what did you have to pay for the gen insert and gen crystal? Your watch looks fantastic and I bet the photos don't even do the genuine crystal justice.

I got my insert from eBay, there's loads on there no real secret just search 16610 insert or inlay and ensure its a genuine part.

My crystal was from a Rolex watch forum, again used, but looks great

3a03ebbe.jpg

How much did you pay for each bit? Trying to work out what's reasonable for the parts. And does your crystal have the coronet at 6 o'clock?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inserts can be had from the Rolex forum, the sales forums here or eBay. They can be had for 100-150$ and if you get lucky on eBay sometimes 50-90$. I got lucky and got a like new 16610 insert for 55$ shipped on eBay a few months ago. Crystals are more, 200-300$ and are a little harder to find.

Mine has a coronet with a little S in the base of the coronet for "service" and it's amazing how much smaller and harder it is to find on a gen xstal vs a rep which often are to large and to "loud" the crystal IMHO Is the biggest improvement you can make to any rep sub that will accept it. Pics do not do this watch justice at all.

I've got my BK TW sub on the way. I'm in about week 8. If you don't mind me asking (and even if you do) what did you have to pay for the gen insert and gen crystal? Your watch looks fantastic and I bet the photos don't even do the genuine crystal justice.

The crystal was 250 brand new and it's a service crystal the insert was 200 but I over paid for that and had to relume the pearl then ended up getting a whole new insert with pointy four and stock SL pearl. Pm me as I do have an extra insert with out a pearl. (gen pearls can be found fairly easy)

The crystal was 250 brand new and it's a service crystal the insert was 200 but I over paid for that and had to relume the pearl then ended up getting a whole new insert with pointy four and stock SL pearl. Pm me as I do have an extra insert with out a pearl. (gen pearls can be found fairly easy)

Curious, I've never seen a gen 16610 pearl for sale. Can you point me to one?

I've found them the trick is not to physically look for just a pearl you have to pull one off a trashed insert. Trust me if you ask someone who on eBay has inserts ask them if they have ones that are no good. I've gotten a few for 10 bucks :)

For a bk tw then, do I want a pointy 4? And do some come without superlumed pearls then?

This is confusing stuff. Thought it would be simple!

Currently negotiating with a parts supplier to buy a batch of 16610 parts. Might have some soon, just want to get the most desirable/accurate bits clear in my head before I splash out.

Heres a good recipe I followed by what other members have done and told me to create a really good sub. If you already have a TW then gen insert with luminous pearl and pointy 4, gen crystal with coronet (mine is service) gen 703 crown and tube, and I would change the click spring for a clarks and maybe ad a better spacer to slightly tighten it up. I am working on getting a genuine bezel for my sub then swapping everything over to a TC case (My final goal for this project is either gen 3135 or SA3135 which a TW wont house)

Heres a good recipe I followed by what other members have done and told me to create a really good sub. If you already have a TW then gen insert with luminous pearl and pointy 4, gen crystal with coronet (mine is service) gen 703 crown and tube, and I would change the click spring for a clarks and maybe ad a better spacer to slightly tighten it up. I am working on getting a genuine bezel for my sub then swapping everything over to a TC case (My final goal for this project is either gen 3135 or SA3135 which a TW wont house)

Does the gen bezel fit the TC case, I know the insert does.

Have you considered gen dial?

My next move will be gen dial and shave the engravings from my rehaut.

If I decide to send it to a modder for the service I may even go with drilling some lug holes so the case matches the crystal. Im also partial to the lug holes.

Thanks a lot, useful advice.

Is the flat 4 a no no then? If I were to get any of them are they useless/completely inaccurate?

I wouldn't say it's a "no no" per say. I'd say its preference and the later sub models had more pointed 4s then flat 4s atleast I think. Plus no one really knows the difference on the inserts anyways as far as people you may be around goes.