When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Noob factory PAM 111 with swiss movement

Inertiadrifter

I need your advice.

I'm in the market for a 111. Sold my gen last Christmas and miss it ever since.

I've been researching for 3 days and I think I hit the jackpot.

http://puretimewatch.com/product/pam111-n-noob-best-edition-on-brown-calf-leather-strap-swiss-eta6497/

This look like my PAM

Any one got one from angus?

Please PM me or email me

Inertiadrifter@yahoo.com

I would love to hear some feedback

Any help is greatly appreciated.

As far as 111, this is as close to the Gen as you can get today. What you see in those pictures and the video is what you get. If you are planning to have this watch to be your very long term every day piece just make sure you service it once you get it. Reps don't come properly oiled out of factories.

Edited by lfovco

..... If you are planning to have this watch to be your very long term every day piece just make sure you service it once you get it. Reps don't come properly oiled out of factories.

I wonder how long people get by not having it serviced when new? Honestly I dont really feel like having this done..... am I dancing with the devil?

Edited by Jmabshir

It really depends, it could run for a while or not, depends how badly it was put together and that varies a lot. The biggest issue is that they may put too much lubricant into some parts and not enough into other parts, sometime they won't do it at all, but usually it is not done properly. Plus I'm guessing they are not using finest Swiss lubricants. Think of the movement like it's a car engine, what will happen if you don't take care of it? Those rep movements really need to be all completely taken apart, cleaned in an ultrasonic cleaning tank, all parts inspected to make sure they are all good (sometimes they are not), then assembled and lubricated to the specs of the movement. And of course then they need to be adjusted and timed etc.

The good thing is you you need to service mechanical movement not as often as your car, they should be serviced every 5 years to ensure they have a long life.

I wonder how long people get by not having it serviced when new? Honestly I dont really feel like having this done..... am I dancing with the devil?

That's true, it can easily run for few years. As a matter of fact I have one 6497 rep that I never serviced and it still runs well after 6 years (lucky). Another serviced runs well after 7 years and keeps much better time.

I recently sent my brand new 390 to get serviced since I intend to keep this model.

Some parts of the movement were over-oiled :angry2: , some were completely dry :nono: , case lamps were incorrect size, had to be replaced. The dial clamps were not secured properly. The dial was loose on the movement and had to be secured.

Rep factories, really don't pay much attention to the movement assembly. So despite the fact your unserviced movement can run ok for quite a while, if you really want to keep that awesome rep I think it's worth getting a proper service :)

Never had any 6497's serviced you'll be fine for a few years I bet

Edited by lfovco

That's true, it can easily run for few years. As a matter of fact I have one 6497 rep that I never serviced and it still runs well after 6 years (lucky). Another serviced runs well after 7 years and keeps much better time.

I recently sent my brand new 390 to get serviced since I intend to keep this model.

Some parts of the movement were over-oiled :angry2: , some were completely dry :nono: , case lamps were incorrect size, had to be replaced. The dial clamps were not secured properly. The dial was loose on the movement and had to be secured.

Rep factories, really don't pay much attention to the movement assembly. So despite the fact your unserviced movement can run ok for quite a while, if you really want to keep that awesome rep I think it's worth getting a proper service :)

Hey ifovco,

I notice you are in SoCal. Me too

Where do you send your watch for service? How much do they cost? If you are not comfortable answering in public please email me or send a PM. I will greatly appreciate this.

Edited by Inertiadrifter