When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1st Rep Finally Came In.

WatchDude

This was my first experience with a replica purchase. Ordered exactly one month ago today - it was a painful experience as a watch was lost to US Customs (package was damaged) and I am about the LEAST patient person around. Thank God I did the right thing in picking a GREAT DEALER as Joshua made it right.

I've got two straps I'm ready to put on and take pictures of and another on the way. The stock strap is one of the weaker links with this watch - but overall I am tickled as the product is MUCH HIGHER QUALITY than I ever thought it would be, MUCH!!

Only other issues I see right off the bat are:

#1 - Lume, but we all knew that. The hands are okay, but the dial is weak. I will look to have that corrected down the road.

#2 - Cannon pin is off, but not too bad. It takes a close look to see that. I'm sure that will be fixed down the road too.

The only other thing I can think I might fix is the crown and crown tube as they may be prone to stripping. I'm very careful when winding down the crown and I think I'll be okay.

Overall, I am astounded and shocked how good this rep is and how good reps can be. Downside is I know I'm 'F'ed because I already am itching to pull the trigger on either a 000, 005, 111, or 112. Also thinking of an F.A. Jones and a Railmaster.

Uh-oh!

Thanks to all for your help and thank you to JOSHUA as you kick ass!

-WD

Here are a few pics, sorry about the quality as I'm not great at photography and I took these literally minutes after unwrapping my new baby.

143226-16379.jpg

143226-16380.jpg

143226-16381.jpg

143226-16382.jpg

143226-16383.jpg

143226-16384.jpg

143226-16385.jpg

Edited by WatchDude

how do you change the strap on these??

Each of the 'bars' that hold on the strap has two screws. You undo the screws (be careful, they are small and if you drop them - you won't likely find them) and pull out the bar. The bar is actually in three pieces (pulls apart from the middle). Put them through the new strap and rescrew in.

I'll take pics tomorrow when I do my next strap change.

Until then, here are a few more pics from today.

143326-16357.jpg

143326-16358.jpg

143326-16359.jpg

Wrist shots:

143326-16360.jpg

143326-16361.jpg

143326-16362.jpg

143326-16363.jpg

143326-16364.jpg

143326-16365.jpg

I'll get some better pics tomorrow.

-WD

the rep strap that comes on these can actually be quite good! i keep buying straps then going back to the original as i like it the best! just bend it up and stretch it out fold it at the end creased and roll it all the way down creasing the whole strap this will "break it in" and make it softer. then the most important step is rub on a very thick coat of mink oil and let it sit for a few hours. rub off the mink oil and you have a really nice strap that is butter soft like the gen and looks/feels like a very expensive strap! also i have listed in the sale section a europelli shell cordovan black with titanium stich i ordered for mine and looks awesome but i keep the original on now.

143400-16340.jpg